Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 01:00 AM

Don't forget!

This weekend the clocks go Back one hour.

Soon be winter. . . brrr

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 02:46 AM

Re: Don't forget!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
This weekend the clocks go Back one hour.

Soon be winter. . . brrr

Thank you so much for that information.
Jobes Comforter!

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 03:20 AM

About time we stopped messing with the force of nature and left the clocks are they are. All to do with farming hours isn't it?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 03:25 AM

Oh well, I look forward to my extra hour of sleep(lessness)
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 05:15 AM

Here in BC, we don't go back until Nov. 6. Why?

I completely agree to quit playing with real time!
Farmers are not fans! As far as I remember, it was originally to do with saving energy and to make better use of daylight.
The saving energy thing saves precious little from what I've read.
And I make good use of daylight and nightlight! (Is that a thing?)
So does anybody benefit?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 08:57 AM

I don't usually like the clocks going back but I am quite looking forward to it this year. I already walk Chloe in the dark late at night so no change there but I am finding the early morning walks in the dark tedious now.

The best option for me would be to leave the clocks alone altogether rather than this silly backwards and forwards nonsense twice a year. I am sure it is confusing to animals and small children who prefer a routine.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 08:58 AM

I wish the clocks were left at BST all the year round. I know that experiment was tried in the 60s but dispensed with, I am not sure why?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wish the clocks were left at BST all the year round. I know that experiment was tried in the 60s but dispensed with, I am not sure why?
I was teaching in Birmingham in those days.
I'm not sure when the ONE hour was instigated...ww1?

As I remember we didn't dispense with it, it was increased to TWO hours as it was during the ww2 war.

Children were coming to school in the dark they had to be issued with fluorescent arm bands, made no difference there were still some nasty accidents .

Lordruthio was working in Glasgow at the time (1969) it wasn't light until almost 10am!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 09:41 AM

One hour is hardly enough. 30 or 40 years would be more appropriate for some of us oldies.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't usually like the clocks going back but I am quite looking forward to it this year. I already walk Chloe in the dark late at night so no change there but I am finding the early morning walks in the dark tedious now.

The best option for me would be to leave the clocks alone altogether rather than this silly backwards and forwards nonsense twice a year. I am sure it is confusing to animals and small children who prefer a routine.

With Meg.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top