Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:13 PM

Vote Green?

No HS2 no Trident.

Four day week, decent NHS funding, no more student loans but student grants, no tuition fees, protection of our green spaces and environment, more renewable energy, politics handed to local people.

They seem to be speaking the most sense. So what's not to like?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:16 PM

Re: Vote Green?

Open borders anyone can come in .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:22 PM

But they also support : "An ethical foreign policy that builds capacity for conflict resolution, and end support to aggressive wars of intervention. No more arms sales to oppressive regimes."
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:27 PM

Edited I see that Caraline Lucas is now leader of the Greens .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:30 PM

Funny you ladies should be saying about the Green Party, as I had a paper come through the door the other day about their views on animal cruelty.
As far as I am aware, they are the ONLY party who have mentioned anything about animal welfare.
That made my sit up and take a bit of notice for the first time in this election.

Have a look at this:

https://gap.greenparty.org.uk/resour..._manifesto.pdf

I haven't read it all myself yet, but will do when I get time to sit and take it in properly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2017, 08:31 PM

Now this is good !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2017, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why doesn't the leader of the Green Party Natalie Bennett who is Australian practise her immigration policies in her home country?
Perhaps because she has gone back there to do just that as it's now a job share between Jonathan Bartley and Caroline Lucas. Caroline is from Worcestershire. Bartley from London.

The Green Party is very strongly against selling arms to nice places like Saudi. I thought many here would be really happy about that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:38 PM

Now this is good !

Could be, couldn't it Muddy. .

When my friend has canvassers round her door, she always asks what they intend to do about improving animal welfare - they have all been stuck for words. She tells 'em where to go then.

All the things they spout on about, but is never, ever mentioned to my knowledge. Then I saw this.
All the horrific cruelty and abuse they suffer daily, for a slap on the wrist or at worse, a 10 year ban on keeping animals.
There has got to be a change in the law and stiffer sentences for dumb animals. Someone has got to fight for them, because they can't do it for themselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Now this is good !
Caroline Lucas is vice chair of the RSPCA
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2017, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Funny you ladies should be saying about the Green Party, as I had a paper come through the door the other day about their views on animal cruelty.
As far as I am aware, they are the ONLY party who have mentioned anything about animal welfare.
That made my sit up and take a bit of notice for the first time in this election.

Have a look at this:

https://gap.greenparty.org.uk/resour..._manifesto.pdf

I haven't read it all myself yet, but will do when I get time to sit and take it in properly.
Exactly - compared with the Tories bringing back vile fox hunting

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top