Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:03 PM

Re: Somethings are better done by men

Originally Posted by Missy ->
They also dropped the height restriction for men, plus the strength tests to allow smaller, weaker men in
That was to prevent discrimination for certain ethnic minorities. My fireman friend was not impressed with that either. He thought the powers that be were trying to destroy the fire service.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Stupid moves IMO
If it aint broke why fix it?

It may be so

But thats how it is

And a woman is trained to the same standards as a man

https://www.fireservice.co.uk/recruitment/physical/

And if you look at the FAQ, you will read about height and weight etc
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:05 PM

What small ethnic minorities are queuing up to be firemen ?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:07 PM

What small ethnic minorities are queuing up to be firemen ?

https://assets.publishing.service.go...6-hosb1216.pdf
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Missy;14605

The fireman carry can be carried out by men and women alike. Its not brute strength thats required, its technique

I was talking to my friend Joe tonight who is a fireman and I asked him how are they advised to remove a person from a. burning building and he says they are trained in the dragging, lifting is last resort but both men and women can do them

He also said that there is now a rise in claims against the fire service because of arms being broken through the dragging method

Im no feminist but I do find your comments rather derogatory toward women. I do live in the real world, one where we have female police offices, firemen, soldiers and sailors.[/QUOTE]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technique my aching arse. If it was technique alone, then 12 year old kids could do it. There are many times during the life of firemen, policemen and soldiers when brute strength is the difference between living and dying. Or worse, getting your team-mates killed.

Political correctness demands that standards be lowered so that females can claim they are trained to the same level as men.

There are many jobs, mostly technical in nature, women can do as well as men, but to state that she is his physical equal, is an insult to all men.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:43 PM

Thank you this means nothing .
None of the ethnic groups mentioned are pygmies they all have small and large people like any other.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:47 PM

I don't care how much training they have have size matters !

And don't ask them to climb the wall. they can never get over the bloody wall.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:48 PM

I've no idea which ethnic groups Muddy but that was the explicit reason for lowering the height restriction for men. I believe it was the same in the Police force. It's also been confirmed by a Policeman friend.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've no idea which ethnic groups Muddy but that was the explicit reason for lowering the height restriction for men. I believe it was the same in the Police force. It's also been confirmed by a Policeman friend.

re Police:

... 'The MacPherson report of 1999 ruled that the height restriction discriminated against those of ethnic backgrounds such as the Chinese, who are generally shorter'.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...uring-5ft.html
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:21 PM

Think back to a time, perhaps in your Grandfather's time, when there were few minorities. The Fire and Police departments laid down certain rules for height and strength. Why did they do that ???? The reason is too obvious. Height and strength matter. Period !

When any female becomes world boxing champion, of any weight class, then, and only then, can she lay claim to be his physical equal. Until that day arrives, it is wacko feminist dreaming to imagine she is his physical equal.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top