Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 11:38 AM

Re: Co codamol

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Poor you Muddy! I would think that getting the infection cleared up is priority & hopefully the pain will then start to reduce.

Never take Ibuprofen on an empty stomach because it can damage the lining. If you need them to reduce the inflammation, I find they are ok if you take them immediately after food.... and I was on them for several months with my wrist.

Tell Mr Muddy that you need total relaxation, so maybe he would like to brush up his cooking skills.
Please keep us up to date with your progress because that infection sounds very nasty & I am sure we could all send him some easy recipes to try.
That's very true about ibuprofen, my husband has been on it for years and they prescribe another tablet to take before the ibuprofen to protect his stomach. Worth asking about that if you have to take them any length of time.

People advising using natural remedies please don't just come off prescribed medications without informing your GP as they can have affects you don't expect, also not all natural remedies are side effect free.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hope everything goes well for you, Muddy.
Thank you Ffosse.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's very true about ibuprofen, my husband has been on it for years and they prescribe another tablet to take before the ibuprofen to protect his stomach. Worth asking about that if you have to take them any length of time.

People advising using natural remedies please don't just come off prescribed medications without informing your GP as they can have affects you don't expect, also not all natural remedies are side effect free.
That is right Julie, your husband probably takes a PPI like Omeprazole which reduces the acid that is produced to digest you food. It helps prevent any burns to the stomach lining, but please tell your husband that, if he has to take them longterm & then stops he may need reduce them over a couple a weeks or he will get nasty acid indigestion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is right Julie, your husband probably takes a PPI like Omeprazole which reduces the acid that is produced to digest you food. It helps prevent any burns to the stomach lining, but please tell your husband that, if he has to take them longterm & then stops he may need reduce them over a couple a weeks or he will get nasty acid indigestion.
Thanks twink will do that.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 02:59 PM

I've been on lansoprazole for years because I kept getting acid reflux and would go through countless packets of Rennies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I've been on lansoprazole for years because I kept getting acid reflux and would go through countless packets of Rennies.
That is what they are for, to reduce acid production, & it is ok to take them long term but, if you stop taking them, the acid increases again and makes the situation worse.
If you ever have to stop taking them because your acid reflux goes away, it is wise to reduce the dose slowly so your stomach adjusts to the higher amount of acid.
You just take one every other day, then every 3rd day... and so on till you can stop them completely.
Your doctor should advise you on this, but they sometimes forget... till you start having bad indigestion!
Many people stay on them for the rest of their lives, but if you just take them to counter act the effect of Ibuprofen, you will need to reduce slowly, if you have been on them a long time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Have spent all day in hospital still here
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

21-03-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have spent all day in hospital still here
Not the nicest place to be Muddy....but maybe the best place to help you get better.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-03-2019, 06:47 PM

Yes and all the young doctors and nurses have been very kind .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 07:36 PM

I hope they can get you on the mend Muddy. I hadn't realised it was your hand.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top