Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 08:09 AM

Re: christmas

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Doc what sort of livestock do you have?
Living in a beautiful place like West Wales, every day must be a holiday

I don't bother much about Christmas and stopped buying presents for everyone years ago and only buy for grandchildren now

I shan't think about it until the start of December when I make mincemeat and a Christmas pudding.
Meg darlin' - let me know when you start making the mincemeat and Xmas pudding - will be your official taster - have to make sure its fit for everyone else to consume don't I????
bumpthump
New Member!
Glasgow
bumpthump is male 

26-08-2011, 08:19 AM

It's interesting how people are so different with their views of Christmas. I have always loved December, and (for me) the very special feeling it brings. Maybe that's because I have worked away from home so many times at Christmas, that I have a different appreciation for it. I find the whole thing very life affirming. The kids are all grown, be me and my good lady still put in inordinate amounts of time into gift buying and such like. I'll be working away this year too from around the 7th until the 27th, but when I get home, I know there will be a late Christmas Day waiting for me. I simply love it.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 10:41 PM

NO, NO and NO again! Too early...went to get a birthday card for my Sister at beginning of last week-shop full of C.......s cards, wrapping paper etc. etc.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:37 PM

It should be illegal to start advertising and stocking/displaying Xmas merchandize before at least mid-November!! Even that's a bit early ......
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 11:53 PM

I totally agree with you there Eileen! To me, it takes away the whole spirit of Christmas when I see the xmas goods in shops so early......it's not even the end of August yet for goodness sake!

Perhaps I should have put this in the Grumpy thread
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 12:02 AM

My family gets together for a traditional Christmas dinner at my sister's house in the country. We don't do gifts for anyone over 18 but this year I have a new grandson to spoil! I used to invite my partner to join me but he prefers to stay home so I leave him a decent meal and some treats (chocolate). He's generally grumpy anyway.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
anyone started thinking about christmas yet?
or have you already started to get pressie together,
do any of you save all year for the big day.
Do and dusted. Always get Christmas shopping over in the January sales so that we have no last minute rushing about.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 10:35 AM

I haven't seen anybody at Christmas for years...the whole subject bores me to tears year after year...it's just another week to me and my dogs...and many others out there.

I guess I save a fortune on all the rubbish food and Chinese decorations though.
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I sent 2 Christmas catalogues back to sender in June & July ... how can you enjoy summer with them on your coffee table??!

My hubby always suggests going away for Christmas & letting someone else do the work but I won't do that until my daughter announces she's doing something other than coming to us!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Theres no place like home at Christmas.... no I didnt sing that ...even if you are on your own.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top