Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
G Girl
New Member!
USA
G Girl is female 

10-05-2012, 05:22 AM

What music do you like best?

I'm all over the place with my music tastes, but honestly, my all time favorite has to be the old big band music. Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Harry James .. etc!

This was all before my time, but I love it. It just kind of motivates me. It also invigorates my romantic imagination.

Other than that, I'm also partial to 80's rock!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 06:10 AM

Re: What music do you like best?

Swing, jazz, Strauss, opera, symphonic, "some" pop, country and western, brass bands. In short, most music but not rap, heavy metal or music which doesn't have a melody.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 06:33 AM

I like most type of music, not garage or rap, but mainly blues and rock. My radios at home are tuned into planet rock.
In my car old pop music stations and classic fm.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 06:56 AM

I love all music as it does tend to get people together.

Music has always been part of my life with my parents running concert party's in the 50's but Rock and Roll is at the top of my list, (just), as I was a rebel in those days,My dad always said I was only interested in the three F's, Food, Football and Fighting. lol
I dont care for Rap style music though.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Country, Country and more Country.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 09:34 AM

It's fascinating how music has such power to affect your emotions. I often find myself welling up when listening to beautiful music. I have recently bought a book entitled "The Power of Music" which deals with this subject from a scientific angle, but I haven't got round to reading it yet.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

10-05-2012, 12:08 PM

I tolerate some classical music, but prefer no music at all.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 01:53 PM

I love the big bands too, but my favourite is the dawn chorus, nothing to beat it.

Arfa
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 03:07 PM

I mainly like Motown, 60 and early 70 music, my fav singer is Rod Stewart. Not to keen on todays music, but we do get the odd few that are alright. Listen to Key 103 and Magic on the car radio.
G Girl
New Member!
USA
G Girl is female 

12-05-2012, 05:19 AM

oops! I see that there is actually a whole section for talk about music! And you all are so sweet that you let me do this here in the light talk section. Thank you!

Maybe I need to go look thru more sections before I post another question

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top