Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Re: What music do you like best?

Originally Posted by Willow ->
but prefer no music at all.
If i'm in by myself I always switch TV & radio off & just enjoy the peace
Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
but my favourite is the dawn chorus, nothing to beat it.

Arfa
Agree. Pity i'm not up early enough for it very often :- Although I do listen to it through the bathroom window when i've had to make a visit in the early hours
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 01:44 PM

I like lots of different kinds of music except Jazz/rap/ and I am not fond of big band.
When my son was going through his clubbing phase I even acquire a taste for trance/clubbing music

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
but my favourite is the dawn chorus, nothing to beat it.
Arfa
Me too, I usually go down and make a cup of tea then take it up to bed and listen
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 03:14 PM

I cant hear the Dawn chorus now or the wood Pidgeons,which I miss.I like all music except modern classical, rap is alright because you have the beat. I love Male voice choirs paticularly Welsh and brass bands,they make me cry.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

12-05-2012, 05:46 PM

for me its got to be dirty loud blues guitar , rory gallagher and gary moore,
also lots of american bands , george thorogood and the destroyers , also an old timer called sea sick steve , took glastonbury by storm this guy , and ye im no spring chicken myself , but can rock out with staus quo any time ,
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:21 PM

I think the only music I don't like is Trad Jazz. What a racket. Of course, I don't like the modern cacophony enjoyed by young folk as they leap up and down as that to me isn't music, but a collection of sounds heaped together for the sake of noise.

I like some classical, to country, to rock and roll, Motown, soul, and I have a large collection of all sorts of music.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

12-05-2012, 09:03 PM

i cant stand rap music or groups of singers being called a band when they dont play instruments , i used to play lead guitar for years in a rock band but we called ourselves a group ,
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ragman ->
i cant stand rap music or groups of singers being called a band when they dont play instruments , i used to play lead guitar for years in a rock band but we called ourselves a group ,
Exactly, Malc. I can't be doing with Rap Crap either.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

12-05-2012, 10:05 PM

love the term rap crap , haha ,
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-05-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by ragman ->
love the term rap crap , haha ,
'Tis the most suitable term I could come up with!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 10:25 PM

Very apt actually! The only time I do love rap is when my five year old grandson does it. He is so serious, with all the actions. Otherwise it grates right through me.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top