Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:18 AM

The Dover Proposal.

Hi

Our proposal to prevent the Dover logjam is to wave goods from the EU through.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47121225

Wide open to abuse and not in compliance with WTO Rules.

We cannot do it for the EU and not for everyone else.

It only takes one Country to object.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:04 AM

Re: The Dover Proposal.

As long as they are not waving through lorryloads of economic migrants at the same time.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:18 AM

I wouldn't believe anything from the BBC
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wouldn't believe anything from the BBC
Hi

There are other sources stating the same.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There are other sources stating the same.
I really don't know why our import processes would change. We control everything coming into our country and we don't have problems in Dover, Southampton, Immingham etc currently so I'm baffled as to what needs to change.

I could be missing something here but it just seems like the BBC are up to their usual tricks of reporting remain centric bullsh1t like they normally do. Then everyone else reporting on what the BBC reports etc
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-02-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I really don't know why our import processes would change. We control everything coming into our country and we don't have problems in Dover, Southampton, Immingham etc currently so I'm baffled as to what needs to change.

I could be missing something here but it just seems like the BBC are up to their usual tricks of reporting remain centric bullsh1t like they normally do. Then everyone else reporting on what the BBC reports etc
Hi

Nope.

It is obvious that you do not understand.

Last year just the tunnel carried 1,600,000 trucks which did not need customs or paperwork, which they will need in the event of a No Deal.

Dover cross channel ferries carried 2,600,000 trucks.

That is a hell of a lot of paperwork.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 12:16 PM

A chap from the Bristol port authority said in an interview that Bristol could handle any trucks using its ports in the event of a no-deal Brexit as the great majority of their existing trade is done under WTO already and hardly any from the EU. Sounds like another option to me.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 01:11 PM

I think today you will find most of the trucks coming through Dover carry foreign plates carrying foreign goods so may I suggest the length of the queue is a foreigners problem
Makes no odds to me in the slightest if a polish Lithuanian Bulgarian truck sits in a queue all week any more than it bothers me a load of Spanish lettuce is spoilt in transit .... again that is an EU problem
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I think today you will find most of the trucks coming through Dover carry foreign plates carrying foreign goods so may I suggest the length of the queue is a foreigners problem
Makes no odds to me in the slightest if a polish Lithuanian Bulgarian truck sits in a queue all week any more than it bothers me a load of Spanish lettuce is spoilt in transit .... again that is an EU problem
Those trucks bring goods ordered and paid for by UK buyers. If the goods are spoilt, the buyer can complain with her majesties customs not with the foreign seller of the goods. Seems to be a british problem in the end. Plus the consumers are confronted with a shortage. Double british problem.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-02-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope.

It is obvious that you do not understand.

Last year just the tunnel carried 1,600,000 trucks which did not need customs or paperwork, which they will need in the event of a No Deal.

Dover cross channel ferries carried 2,600,000 trucks.

That is a hell of a lot of paperwork.

Why will they suddenly need "paperwork" ?

Other 3rd countries (such as Morocco) use the Dover to Calais route and they don't need paperwork.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top