Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Re: British "Independence Day"

I suggest that with nearly 50% of the country opposed to leaving, you would be seriously close to starting a civil war.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I know that it isn't all over yet, but, as Cameron might say, "it's always good to have a plan".

Should we celebrate our Independence on the anniversary of the referendum?

Or should we pick the day we actually leave?

Hopefully there will be nation wide celebrations including Street Parties and the like.

Also, Hopefully, we will not decide to celebrate by eating, yet more, Turkey meals!

Turkeys are having a tough enough time these days.

I guess a few subjects will not feel able to attend, but "Hey Ho!"
Great idea Tedc, I think party day should be on the 23rd of June, that was the day that the people of this great country spoke, and it should never be forgot, no matter how much the government try to make light of it. In the words of our fearless leader.....'Brexit means Brexit'
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
I suggest that with nearly 50% of the country opposed to leaving, you would be seriously close to starting a civil war.
Rules is rules Flicker, if more people vote to come out than vote to stay in, then we come out....It doesn't matter what the difference was......It's called democracy!

If I approached Camelot and suggested that because I had matched five numbers they should pay me the jackpot because I was 85% right what do you think they would say?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:12 PM

We should definitely celebrate the 23rd June. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can all have a day off. The remoaners can go to work as normal if they don't agree.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:18 PM

So the brave new UK will have one law for half the population and one law for the other?

Keep it.
Flicker
France

27-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Rules is rules Flicker, if more people vote to come out than vote to stay in, then we come out....It doesn't matter what the difference was......It's called democracy!

If I approached Camelot and suggested that because I had matched five numbers they should pay me the jackpot because I was 85% right what do you think they would say?

I am afraid that you will NEVER change people's opinions by celebrating something they deeply disagree with.

Opinions are not changed by a vote.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:20 PM

I always subscribe to threads where Tara and Flicker feature for the entertainment value...Bit liking watching a kid poking a wasps nest
Flicker
France

27-01-2017, 12:25 PM

Just wanted to lake sure the ill informed rubbish was still evident.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Just wanted to lake sure the ill informed rubbish was still evident.
Yes it is, I can still see your posts.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 02:43 PM

Is the wind getting up? I can hear a faint warbly whining noise like a kind of wet slapping sound of a tongue against teeth.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top