Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 07:46 PM

Re: I never thought I would hear this

To my credit, I have never been voluntarily unemployed for any substantial length of time.

On the one occasion I was unemployed, I attended the job centre to let them know I was about to enter full-time education. In the interim, I did not qualify for any benefits, but did receive payment of my National Insurance contributions.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 07:47 PM

Re: I never thought I would hear this

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well maybe I live in a high employed area but truly I don't see them. I think whatever we do there will always be an underclass of people that live on benefits as a lifestyle choice. That's not peculiar solely to the UK many countries have a similar problem.

Its unfair though to label all our young people as lazy, its not the case although I expect many struggle to find their place in the world just as we did when we were young.
Indeed, and it's always been the same, only difference was when I was young if you wanted to work there was plenty around, you could leave one job walk down the road at start another straight away. Not so easy these days.

Also instead of telling them any job is a good job we have teachers etc telling them they can do not just anything but it will be well paid and their entitlement too.

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top