Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 04:21 PM

Looks like we're getting out just in time

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...n&utm_campaign
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 04:36 PM

Re: Looks like we're getting out just in time

Indeed we have not just made the right decision but the only one faced with that idea !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Isn't this just what all those who voted to leave were afraid of?
I didn't want to become a small part of a large country, I wanted to be able to have some influence over how our country was run by electing the people that ran it.
If we had stayed in we would have been a bit like a state of the USA, who think they run their own state but will never have total control.
I don't want to live in a country where all different cultures are thrown into the same bag, and have to fight to maintain their own way of life. The USA have already shown us that it doesn't work...... maybe that is why Trump was voted in!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 05:28 PM

It exactly what a lot of us predicted it's just coming earlier than I thought it would.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It exactly what a lot of us predicted it's just coming earlier than I thought it would.
Well our exit has probably scared them and they don't want to loose any more countries.. there were a few considering it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's right. Some of us saw this coming although, of course, the remainiacs assured us we were misinformed.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well our exit has probably scared them and they don't want to loose any more countries.. there were a few considering it!
There still are. The latest being Denmark:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...t&utm_campaign
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 12:42 AM

Exactly, Twink. At the same time, the latest from the German Finance Minister (note it's always a German minister of some sort or another who makes comments and decisions about things ) says 'There's No Debt Relief For Greece'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7600386.html

Michael Portillo said on last weeks 'This Week' that the southern EU countries are all suffering, some facing bankruptcy and the EU is a German scam !!

I can only agree 100% with his sentiments.

So far as Sir John Major is concerned, always the grey man, and no doubt in cahoots with Blair and Mandelson. Strange how they are all appearing at the same time to give their four penny worth and yet again trying to tell the Brexits they got it wrong !

They didn't get too much right themselves when they had their chance, did they ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Hi

I am sorry that we left the EU, even though I voted out and would not change my mind on that.

The EU could have been very good for us if we had had some decent Politicians to stand up to the federalist bureaucrats and France and Germany.

It has certainly been very good for France and Germany and Luxembourg.

I cannot see the EU breaking up, I can see it changing.

There is a resistance amongst individual Countries to continue to do as they were told.

The trigger for this has been Merkel inviting all the Economic Migrants in without discussing it with anyone and then her and Juncker imposing quotas on other Countries and telling them they had to take the ones she did not want.

Austria is saying no, Hungary is building an enormous fence.

Poland has refused to take any and has been threatened by a fine of £250,000 for everyone of it's quota it refuses.

That would amount to £1.6 Billion, which Poland has flatly refused to pay.

Other Countries have reintroduced Border Controls.

It is a terrible shame that for decades we have had both Politicians and Civil Servants who have just rolled over and said yes sir.

It is not just the big things either, it is the small things that make such a difference to peoples lives.

If you went to a small local market in France, Portugal or Poland, not an EU Rule in sight.

Just lovely fresh produce, vegetables, cheeses, meat, fish and cakes of all shapes and sizes, openly displayed and delicious.

A more Federal Europe, no way, not interested in that.

The Euro has been a disaster, except for Germany.

The only way the Euro would work is more integration, common taxation, a whole ruck of things I want no part of.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:31 AM

Isn't this just what all those who voted to leave were afraid of?
I didn't want to become a small part of a large country, I wanted to be able to have some influence over how our country was run by electing the people that ran it.
If we had stayed in we would have been a bit like a state of the USA, who think they run their own state but will never have total control.
I don't want to live in a country where all different cultures are thrown into the same bag, and have to fight to maintain their own way of life. The USA have already shown us that it doesn't work...... maybe that is why Trump was voted in!

It has worked for nearly 300 years and continues to work very well.

Nothing to do with the Trump insanity.

It will be splendid to h ave truly federal EU. It can't come soon enough.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am sorry that we left the EU, even though I voted out and would not change my mind on that.

The EU could have been very good for us if we had had some decent Politicians to stand up to the federalist bureaucrats and France and Germany.

It has certainly been very good for France and Germany and Luxembourg.

I cannot see the EU breaking up, I can see it changing.

There is a resistance amongst individual Countries to continue to do as they were told.

The trigger for this has been Merkel inviting all the Economic Migrants in without discussing it with anyone and then her and Juncker imposing quotas on other Countries and telling them they had to take the ones she did not want.

Austria is saying no, Hungary is building an enormous fence.

Poland has refused to take any and has been threatened by a fine of £250,000 for everyone of it's quota it refuses.

That would amount to £1.6 Billion, which Poland has flatly refused to pay.

Other Countries have reintroduced Border Controls.

It is a terrible shame that for decades we have had both Politicians and Civil Servants who have just rolled over and said yes sir.

It is not just the big things either, it is the small things that make such a difference to peoples lives.

If you went to a small local market in France, Portugal or Poland, not an EU Rule in sight.

Just lovely fresh produce, vegetables, cheeses, meat, fish and cakes of all shapes and sizes, openly displayed and delicious.

A more Federal Europe, no way, not interested in that.

The Euro has been a disaster, except for Germany.

The only way the Euro would work is more integration, common taxation, a whole ruck of things I want no part of.

For heaven's sake SF. Cant you write in paragraphs??

After John Redwood insisted years ago th at federalism means merging the British people have completely misunderstood the real meaning of the word federal.

It means guaranteed freedom for each country to create their own laws and run their country the way they want. That only issues relating to the group as a whole are legislated for in Brussels. Trade and the environment being of necessity under one guiding principle.

EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top