Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 12:36 PM

Re: Tebbitt the hypocrite!!!

Couldn't agree more, we've been costing out midwifery training unless something happens it's off the table really as to get to the point he's a trained midwife it would cost approximately £54,000 ! He'd be in debt for the rest of his life as it's not that well paid. We can support him food and accommodation that figure is simple the teaching and courses he would need ! That explains why all the midwives at our local hospital are either young Philippines or older English, trained abroad or when we had free tuition in this country.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:17 PM

I was watching Question Time last night (or as I prefer to call it, the David Dimbleby Show, bearing in mind how often he likes to butt in and give his own four penn'orth), and listening to the question about EU immigrants living here.

The usual suspects were, of course, bleating away about how all EU immigrants should be allowed to remain, but I heard not a single word about the Brits living in Europe.

What's the difference? We allow everyone and his son to stay here, then when it comes to the 'negotiations' the Brussels bureaucrats tell us that we much take back all of our own people who have moved to Europe.

These snowflakes are incapable of seeing both sides of a discussion.

We must leave this issue until we begin negotiations with the EU, and then I hope that TM shows a bit of backbone.

I can just imagine how the negotiations would have been conducted if it had been Cameron on our side.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:29 PM

Well I watched the House of Lords debate before the vote with one eye closed and the other pinned open with a cocktail stick whilst they droned on and on and on....zzzz about the rights of immigrants here in the UK and not ONE word from the sanctimonious LimpDems about securing the rights of over a million British citizens in Europe.

Lord Norman Tebbitt is my hero! I only woke up when he stood up to speak. Oh, to hear those gasps of disdain when he had the temerity to say " It appears that the Lords and Ladies are more concerned about foreigners than our own British Citizens". Good for him. Well done! Well said! Bravo!

Anyone who dares to say he is being a racist, I would happily call them a Moron! he only said exactly what most of us think. We have nothing but respect for those Europeans who have come over and settled here with employment. Theresa May already said they would always be welcome. Of course that was brushed aside by those hellbent on getting that amendment. No worrying on their part about getting assurances for our own citizens.

They really are a pathetic bunch!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:40 PM

Well said SG.

Many people have said that this latest episode of HofL rambling has sealed their fate.

When the Brexit matter is finally put to bed, and we are once again masters of our own country, I'd really like to see two things.

Firstly, a general election resulting in a large majority for the Conservatives under May.

Secondly, having such a comfortable majority, a motion tabled that the HofL be dissolved and all of its present incumbents (especially the politically installed Limp Dem members) kicked out on their backsides.

The 800+ useless and expensive Lords should then be replaced by a democratically elected body of, hopefully, no more than 100 (the same as the US Senate).

Being democratically elected, perhaps on a 4 or 5 year term, they could then be given the power of veto for matters passed by the Commons. I think that would be reasonable.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Listened to a EU MP for the South west of England and Gibraltar.(That's a fact I did not know)

He also stated that he was a Lord and could sit in the HoLs.

He stated that (Music to UJ ears) that they as an unelected body should keep their noses out and should listen to the people and also he stated they should be shut down.

It was on LBC just after 2pm yesterday.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 03:05 PM

All well worrying about the fate of brits resident in the mainland EU now, but who was fighting for their right to vote in the referendum? How many were denied a vote? Either because they have been there > 15 years or because their postal vote didn't arrive.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
All well worrying about the fate of brits resident in the mainland EU now, but who was fighting for their right to vote in the referendum? How many were denied a vote? Either because they have been there > 15 years or because their postal vote didn't arrive.
Annie, I expect it's the same reason the Scottish living in England were not allowed a vote! mainly because Scotland believed that they would be biased and vote with the Union, as those living in Europe would no doubt have voted to remain.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 06:06 PM

**Posts with off topic bickering removed.
wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 07:20 PM

He is so right

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-Brussels.html
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 07:20 PM

The interesting bit is Mrs May offered to negotiate an arrangement about the status of both the British in the EU and EU residents in Britain some time ago with the EU. She was rebuffed by France and Germany. Why should we now want give away our strategy. The trouble.with the Lords is their are too many people who were elevated beyond their abilities.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top