Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:06 PM

Re: First Step to an EU Army.

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel on Thursday criticised Russia's military build-up on its borders with the Baltic states as irrational and said Germany would keep troops in the region for as long as needed.

Gabriel visited about 400 German soldiers stationed in Rukla, Lithuania, as part of a German-led battle group of 1,000 troops that will be joined this year by U.S.-led forces in Poland, British-led soldiers in Estonia and Canadian-led troops in Latvia.

NATO is expanding its presence in the region to levels unprecedented since the Cold War, prompted by Russia's annexation of Crimea and accusations - denied by Moscow - that it is supporting a separatist conflict in eastern Ukraine.
Link http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article...KBN1691TM?il=0
Why are we there? It's got nothing to do with us.....I thought we had learned our lesson poking our noses in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm no expert on all this so hope I don't sound dense ... but ..

What kind of operations do they envisage this new EU army will be involved in?
Sending off forces to augment any global alliances involved in other wars?
Or just confined to defending the EU?

I'm just wondering how it will work when Turkey eventually gain membership and think they have an army of allies with both economic and military muscle behind them.
Protecting the EU `elite` and suppressing EU citizens should they rise up against their masters.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Keeping German troops in the Baltic might be the start of the Fourth Reich? Or is it to counter the threat in Kalingrad? I rather liked the German military, no bloody sense of humour of course and an aversion to soldiering on the weekends but they do produce good beer.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why are we there? It's got nothing to do with us.....I thought we had learned our lesson poking our noses in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Because it's on our doorstep?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Because it's on our doorstep?
Yer but it's not on our doorstep is it Rehab....And anyway, The English Channel has always kept the rif raf out of England....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 10:51 PM

You don't need a physical army to rule a country. That's just an illusion given to the Sheeple.

A famous made-up quote, usually incorrectly attributed to Rothschild runs thus:

""Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws,"

For many many years now, the world has been taken over by a relatively small elite (small in comparison to the billions of Sheeple). They are banksters, criminals, judges, lawyers, CEO's of large corporations, government officials and so on.

Using Common Purpose they have infiltrated all areas of society and wrested control of them by planting their own people in key roles.

The idea of Germany waging war with tanks and troops is farcical in today's technological world. The elite control the money. The Federal Reserve in the USA for example, are the one's running the USA. They answer to no-one. They have their own police force and they have their own police stations already set up for the time when the Sheeple try to rise up and get rid of them.

The governments of European countries are already bought and paid for and infested with Common Purpose people in significant roles top to bottom. The "war" happened years ago, whilst everyone was sleeping. They gave the people lots of diversions, things to argue about, dummy elections where it really didn't matter who you voted for as all candidates were Common Purpose, Lib, Lab, Con whatever.

The armies are needed to ultimately control the people of the countries themselves because they know that in the near future there will be mass revolutions, street riots nationwide etc. They are ready for martial law, they have FEMA camps set up everywhere ready to go at a moments notice. When the time comes the police will be secondary to an enforcement force who will have top priority.

The "one world government" has really already happened by stealth. It simply hasn't presented itself as such yet. The elite are comprised of people from all nations. In fact their nationality is of no interest. They are simply a bunch of humans with a common purpose, that of controlling the world, wholly, totally and irrevocably. They will ultimately reduce the population numbers significantly. Robots will take over a lot of jobs, and humans will become an overhead. So human numbers will be minimised and the smaller population will be tightly controlled. Orwell had it right really as did so many others.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-03-2017, 10:58 PM

Rehab......didn't I try to tell you all of this somewhere else.....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

07-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Yer but it's not on our doorstep is it Rehab....And anyway, The English Channel has always kept the rif raf out of England....
Which century are you living in?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

07-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Rehab......didn't I try to tell you all of this somewhere else.....
Did you? I might have missed it or more than likely forgotten, directions please
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The "one world government" has really already happened by stealth. It simply hasn't presented itself as such yet. The elite are comprised of people from all nations. In fact their nationality is of no interest. They are simply a bunch of humans with a common purpose, that of controlling the world, wholly, totally and irrevocably. They will ultimately reduce the population numbers significantly. Robots will take over a lot of jobs, and humans will become an overhead. So human numbers will be minimised and the smaller population will be tightly controlled. Orwell had it right really as did so many others.
I lean more toward the Huxley/Bradbury visions of the present/future. At least I did until recent events. It's astounding how visionary they were, particularly Bradbury who pretty much describes the internet and social media in Farenheit 451.

We are more at risk from internet crime than from a real army. with the way the "internet of things" is spreading you only need someone to take control and you can wipe our entire cities within a short period of time.

Robots could be a good thing if we work out a minimum income society which would mean a move away from the current capitalist/shareholder wealth structure. It's the psychological effects on the purpose of life which would be destructive.

But as the siege Aleppo has shown, you do not lose the need for a ground army and as WWII demonstrated, Britain is not so geographically impenetrable as once it was.

I think this EU army is just a knee jerk reaction to Trump. Germany was not allowed to have an army after 2 world wars. It's only recently they seem to be moving away from that. Russia is a real threat, particularly as Europe squabbles and the US disintegrates into chaos. There are probably Russian professional internet watchers reading this wonderful thread!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top