Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:02 AM

Heseltine sacked!

That treacherous old fossil, Michael Heseltine, who voted against the government in the House of Lords last night, went to dinner with his wife later and received a phone call to say that his position as Special Advisor to the Commons (5 positions apparently) were no longer his, basically he had been sacked for going against the government on Article 50 in the Lords.

GOOD! If there are more in that rest home who are dependent on Theresa for their jobs, out the b....rs! that will teach them to think they can besmirch the democratic right of the people.

He will have plenty of free time on his hands now to think about his actions to gain attention.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:04 AM

Re: Heseltine sacked!

Tbh, I didn't know he was still working. I agree though, more of the same would help the process.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:10 AM

So one of the Hags wets gets the chop,i wont shed any tears.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 10:11 AM

.... And another one bites the dust!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

One down, 999 more to go!!!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:33 AM

He is a very nice man. I had picked him up a few times in my cab. Tipped well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:38 AM

I saw an interview with him this morning....typical MP who says a lot but nothing that will incriminate him!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 11:46 AM

He may be a nice man but at this time in history the MPs who can't get behind brexit really need to move aside for people who can. It's got to happen no matter what now.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 12:59 PM

Sacking Heseltine from his advisory roles, which are not related to Brexit, seems a bit of an autocratic "my way or the highway" approach to me.

Heseltine is well known for being a Europhile but I don't feel that his vote to support the amendment that would give Parliament a say in the final Brexit deal has besmirched my democratic right.

I support Brexit but, when I voted for it, I didn't intend my vote to give the Government carte blanche to agree a Brexit Deal without Parliament having any say in whether to accept the final proposal or leave with 'no deal'
I think that the cross party Brexit team & the Govt should be able to get on with the negotiations without having to show their hand in public debate but I fully expected that our elected Parliamentary representatives would get a say on the final deal before it was signed off.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 01:12 PM

I voted to get us out I don't imagine I have the brain to do it so I rely on people we voted for doing what is needed to get to that situation. I am reassured that coming out with no deal doesn't mean disaster, and that we can leave while still negotiations some terms. I don't appreciate the lords trying to meddle, they are not elected.

Funny enough prior to Blair and Cameron filling the house with party political lords I was much happier allowing hereditary lords making decisions. But it's just a second house packed with politicians now not full of people with other skills and knowledge.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Sacking Heseltine from his advisory roles, which are not related to Brexit, seems a bit of an autocratic "my way or the highway" approach to me.
I have to disagree; I think he got what he deserved.

He also deserves it for stabbing my Maggie in the back!

As I have said before, I see absolutely no need for the House of Lords. It is, in effect, an exclusive and very expensive private club for previous PMs' mates, and should be abolished.

Those of us who voted for Brexit know exactly why we voted, and we don't need a self-centred and doddery old fossil telling us what we really wanted.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top