Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 01:50 PM

Ireland

My brother mentioned something that I hadn't thought about.

What will happen to Northern Ireland? Or rather what is happening in Northern Ireland now? Is there any push by them to join Ireland to stay in the EU? One Ireland would be a nice outcome for Ireland and Britain I would have thought.

What does the UK intend to do about the land border which even during the "troubles" was pretty porous and I would imagine even more so after a long period of peace. Once the UK is out of the EU presumably it would be the only land border between the UK and the EU and an easy way in for refugees.

BTW did Northern Ireland support the EU or Brexit?

Has this been discussed much in Britain? haven't seen much about it in this forum or perhaps it has been overshadowed by the Scottish situation.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 02:00 PM

Re: Ireland

There are negotiations going on re the border and most people in NI voted to stay in the European union. Lots of people are calling for a united Ireland
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
There are negotiations going on re the border and most people in NI voted to stay in the European union. Lots of people are calling for a united Ireland
With murdering bastards like McGuinness gone and hopefully followed soon by Gerry Adams perhaps Ireland can put put her troubled history to rest and become unified?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 02:19 PM

No chance of that!
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:07 PM

OMG at murdering bastards
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 04:41 PM

Hi

I hope it can all be sorted out peacefully.

Perhaps a united Ireland with devolved powers for the North?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top