Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 05:58 PM

Re: UK-based airlines told to move to Europe after Brexit or lose major routes

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
For Gods sake has anyone got a sick bag?
All gone to Europe i'm afraid..
.. they are going to need them in a few years time when they see how well a free UK is doing without them
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

People voted for Brexit for various reasons.

I did not vote to leave because of EU Immigration, I am much more concerned with Non EU Immigration and genuinely believe that we could have controlled EU Immigration within existing rules.

I did not vote to leave because of the costs of the EU, annoying though they are, I never believed the £35o million lie.

I voted to leave because I objected to be ruled by unelected Eurocrats with their own agenda.

The more these people threaten us, the more I am convinced that voting to leave was the right thing to do.
I have no doubt that the £350 million is NOT a lie. It has been clarified that this is the official contribution figure and that we regain about half of it in 'grants', etc. For that reason, I do not accept the accusations of it being a lie.

I do, however, agree that the important reason for voting out is the loss of sovereignty due to our membership which, incidentally, threats of which appear to be becoming worse: the EU Army, a single unified state, for example.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
All gone to Europe i'm afraid..
.. they are going to need them in a few years time when they see how well a free UK is doing without them
Well said. I have every confidence that we shall thrive.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have no doubt that the £350 million is NOT a lie. It has been clarified that this is the official contribution figure and that we regain about half of it in 'grants', etc. For that reason, I do not accept the accusations of it being a lie.

I do, however, agree that the important reason for voting out is the loss of sovereignty due to our membership which, incidentally, threats of which appear to be becoming worse: the EU Army, a single unified state, for example.
Hi

I disagree.

The statements were very clear, we send £350 million a week to the EU, lets spend it on the NHS.

Load of rubbish, we never sent £350 million a week to the UK.

The money never left our shores.

A link to The Telegraph, which could in no way be described as left wing remainders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/ho...ld-it-pay-for/

Nigel Farage distanced himself completely from that claim.

He at least had integrity in his Campaign.

Boris and Gove did not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2017, 07:15 PM

Hi

I disagree.

The statements were very clear, we send £350 million a week to the EU, lets spend it on the NHS.

Load of rubbish, we never sent £350 million a week to the UK.

The money never left our shores.
Half of it did, and continues to do so.

As for the exact wording above, I would equate that to the sort of exaggeration we hear from all politicians.

If it was an outright lie, why weren't they sent to court?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Half of it did, and continues to do so.

As for the exact wording above, I would equate that to the sort of exaggeration we hear from all politicians.

If it was an outright lie, why weren't they sent to court?
Hi

Simple answer, they are part of the Political Elite.

Same reason as to why Blair was not sent to Court for blatant lies about Iraq.

Osborne, architect of Project Fear, is now earning a mint, as is Blair.

I would not pay either of them in pennies, much less millions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-03-2017, 07:46 PM

Hi

Simple answer, they are part of the Political Elite.

Same reason as to why Blair was not sent to Court for blatant lies about Iraq.

Osborne, architect of Project Fear, is now earning a mint, as is Blair.

I would not pay either of them in pennies, much less millions.
I wouldn't dream of comparing Boris and Gove to greasy B Liar.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 05:27 PM

The last figures I read were that Britain in 2015 paid in £17.8 billion, but because of the Rebate that Maggie negotiated, the bill ended up as £12.9 billion. That worked out at £200 for every person living in the UK.
It is still more than the annual budget for the Home Office, a tenth of the NHS budget and enough to cut the basic tax rate by 3p in the pound.

The sooner we stop paying these obscene amounts to a dictatorship that we no longer wish to belong to, the better!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-03-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
The last figures I read were that Britain in 2015 paid in £17.8 billion, but because of the Rebate that Maggie negotiated, the bill ended up as £12.9 billion. That worked out at £200 for every person living in the UK.
It is still more than the annual budget for the Home Office, a tenth of the NHS budget and enough to cut the basic tax rate by 3p in the pound.

The sooner we stop paying these obscene amounts to a dictatorship that we no longer wish to belong to, the better!
As you say, obscene amounts, and what do we get for it?

The permission to trade with other European countries?

Is that it?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

About half the £12bn comes back to us in subsidies and other programmes. Another £1bn is our contribution to international aid which we would continue to spend unless we withdraw from the scheme.

So about £7bn is either returned to us in investment or international aid we would pay out anyway. £6.5bn is what the telegraph worked out we really pay. Which is not £350m a week.

So the £350m a week was a sneaky fake news story (that some still appear to believe!)

Part of the reason we don't get more back is because we haven't been pro-active about applying for grants from the pot.

The above does not analyse what we get for the £6.5bn in terms of facilitating trade and growth in GDP.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top