Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 01:15 AM

Re: Fiona Onasanya

The tribunal found she acted dishonestly, failed to act with integrity and failed to behave in a way that maintains the trust the public places in her.

Fiona Onasanya was also ordered to pay £6,562 to cover legal costs.
Presumably, she will pay that out of the remanants of the MP's salary that she was clinging on to, but still .....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 03:02 AM

The mind boggles about morons like her.

Speeding you go to court £100 fine 3 points.

Take a speed awarnes course £90 no points(Just been on one)

The stupidy of this women the mind boggles
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Presumably, she will pay that out of the remanants of the MP's salary that she was clinging on to, but still .....
No doubt, no doubt!

What still seems very strange to me is that she received a three-month sentence, yet according to one of the original news items (see link below), her brother received 10 months for the same offence.

Odd that the perpetrator of the original wrongdoing received a far lesser sentence, serving just 28 days of that!

But that's our legal system for you I guess!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47040912
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:29 AM

Oh dear; what a shame; never mind

See www.order-order.com for more comments
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Oh dear; what a shame; never mind

See www.order-order.com for more comments
Saw that - brilliant news !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
The mind boggles about morons like her.

Speeding you go to court £100 fine 3 points.

Take a speed awarnes course £90 no points(Just been on one)

The stupidy of this women the mind boggles
Why? - She's a politician, they're all as bloody stupid as each other. Must be a remit for getting accepted!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:08 AM

The woman and her like just act out of what is natural for them. Just Google "419 scam" .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:19 AM

Good riddance to bad rubbish .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Disgraced ex-MP Fiona Onasanya's autobiography

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...dders-17769226

19 FEB 2020
Fiona Onasanya has rebranded herself as a motivational speaker, and has released a 122 page memoir (titled Snakes & Adders: A Set Up for the Step Up) telling her side of the story.

There is no reference to the recall petition that saw her ousted from parliament in the book.

She ends most of the paragraphs in this book with at least two exclamation marks!!

Written largely like a child's school essay on what they did over the weekend, Fiona's legal background means that she remembers every single mundane detail about city council meetings and job applications - and she spends a significant portion of the slim page count recounting these in detail.

Here's an actual paragraph from chapter three, which is so boring it's practically a work of art:

"The evening of the GC came around really quickly. I got my bike and cycled to Alex Wood Hall. There were a few people already there when I arrived. "Would you like a tea or coffee?" "No thank you" I replied; "I don't drink tea or coffee!" The person asking looked quite surprised. Recalling it now makes me wonder if they believed me or thought that was my way of declining an offer of a hot drink. That said, I was more than happy to help myself to a biccy (or two!)."
Throughout the book, she insists she wasn't guilty of perverting the course of justice - but strangely never once makes reference to why she ended up in court in the first place.

A short chapter on her time in parliament abruptly ends by cutting to her in court. But she never references the speeding offence, just insists that she is not guilty of a crime she refuses to directly mention.

At one point, she describes hearing a radio report stating that numerous people have written to the attorney general complaining that her sentence is too lenient, as she is confused why people don't see she has had her "liberty removed".

Her most traumatic stories include seeing a naked inmate dancing outside the shower room to annoy the guards, and having to eat a tin of spaghetti hoops for a meal.
There's a subsequent article, which is worth reading:

The hilarious and brutal Amazon reviews of former Peterborough MP Fiona Onasanya's book

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...-book-17867331

and the Amazon Reviews:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Snakes-Adde.../dp/1653187972

rowley birkin

I had intended to read this serpentine-themed tome at a leisurely pace, but soon found myself speeding through the chapters. The work is deceptively presented as autobiographical, but from the very first chapter the reader is grabbed by the collar and and whisked away into a world of fiction and fantasy.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 07:31 PM

It's the thought process they have. It's different. Most can be trained, very few educated.

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top