Join for free
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:22 PM

Re: Leavers and Remainers, A Call For Unity?

Simple solution is that the remainers admit defeat and join those wanting to leave.
It is these people that are causing the problems.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:22 PM

How can there possibly be another referendum ?
THEY SAID ... the referendum will be final , they will act upon the results and this hasn’t happened so dress it up as many different ways as you please but a fact is a fact is fact ...and it’s FACT that mp’s of all parties simply havnt done as promised , indeed forget the word promise and insert the word law as they passed it as law the referendum result will be acted upon ... instead they have brought it back in house and decided only ‘they ‘ can decide not the electorate...so your suggesting another referendum ? A vote ? Then I ask why’s as I will never vote again for anything ... nothing ... my faith in British democracy ended 2 years ago
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:25 PM

if there was another referendum would the loosers demand yet a third referendum? this could go on indefinately. NO we voted and that IS how it must remain
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:35 PM

It would have to be the best of three to make certain
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:40 PM

But what's the betting our Parliament careerists will see it as although the referendum result was a binding manifesto promise by all those elected mp's, they will use the excuse that May had her chance to carry out the referendum result and failed. So as far as they are concerned, it's back to the drawing board, start afresh and forget the referendum ever happened.

Look at what happened to France, the Netherlands and Ireland, The first two rejected the EU in 2005 and were made to vote again the following year under its fancy new title of the Lisbon Treaty. Ireland also voted to leave the Lisbon Treaty in 2008 and asked to vote again the following year. I well remember all the papers here pleading with Ireland to vote no again as we wanted out as well, but they voted to remain.

I never once thought it would happen to us here in the UK. but thanks to the plotters, it could well do.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Hi

This is not just Brexit now though is it?

It is far bigger than that.

Voters were told by both Labour and Tory alike that whatever the result, they would implement it.

Since then all we have seen is infighting, a complete lack of planning and our futures being used as a political football.

We have the most arrogant, stubborn Prime Minister, who has failed so miserably in both planning and negotiations that we are left with a deal which is unacceptable to both sides.

She has failed to unite her own party, let alone the Country, has not delivered on a single promise.

We are a laughing stock abroad, others are shaking their heads in disbelief at the mess we have now got ourselves into.

Even after being defeated by the biggest ever majority in history, she carries on, promises cross party talks, but then refuses to change her deal.

We, that is to say our Government, led by the Prime Minister, have been outwitted by an aging drunkard.

It is no wonder that people are annoyed, angry and frustrated.

Democracy is at risk and faith in our Politicians is at an all time low.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

17-01-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
How can there possibly be another referendum ?
THEY SAID ... the referendum will be final , they will act upon the results and this hasn’t happened so dress it up as many different ways as you please but a fact is a fact is fact ...and it’s FACT that mp’s of all parties simply havnt done as promised , indeed forget the word promise and insert the word law as they passed it as law the referendum result will be acted upon ... instead they have brought it back in house and decided only ‘they ‘ can decide not the electorate...so your suggesting another referendum ? A vote ? Then I ask why’s as I will never vote again for anything ... nothing ... my faith in British democracy ended 2 years ago
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
But what's the betting our Parliament careerists will see it as although the referendum result was a binding manifesto promise by all those elected mp's, they will use the excuse that May had her chance to carry out the referendum result and failed. So as far as they are concerned, it's back to the drawing board, start afresh and forget the referendum ever happened.

Who failed ? Let’s rewind a little .... we had a referendum and it was a very simple question ... do we stay or do we leave ?

Now the answer was LEAVE ....

So we triggered article 50 to say we are leaving

We put 29th March 2019 in law !!!!!!

But then remainers invented hard Brexit soft brexit Norway brexit Canadian brexit .... she tried to appease by asking the Eu for a deal and the deal was shit , no deal is better than a bad deal ..... the deal we voted for was too leave in entirety ...

So I say again brexit has been a complete success , farage was good as his word and we got the referendum and triggered article 50 .... yay !!!!

The duck up it transgressed to is totally 100% remoaners and I doubt 52% of the population will ever forgive them , will ever trust a politician again ... this isn’t over yet but I see catholic Protestant in Northern Ireland and the divisions that lasted generations only just starting here today as this problem WILL NEVER EVER GO AWAY OR WOUNDS HEAL UNTIL WE LEAVE ... simple as that and all the talking in the world by 630 politicians are never ever going to rectify that whatever outcome they decide until they HONOUR THEIR PLEDGE TO THE PEOPLE .... this war is only just beginning but if ‘they’ believe anything they decide will sort things then they are as deluded as corbin
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:02 PM

What a cunning plan.

Our government may have put an end to racism!

Difference may no longer come from who or what your ancestors were !

It's all being defined, now, by which way you voted.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:17 PM

I think the Referendum should be renamed the Neverendum!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I think the Referendum should be renamed the Neverendum!
We know a song about that.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top