Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Re: Heartbreaking !

I suppose it must stem from a generation of pillock parents who have not shown them the nice things in life. I don't know how old these idiots are but I know that when I was young, I would have loved to have seen a display of this kind (still do in fact) but that's because my parents took the time to show me these things.

No way am I making excuses for them, I just can't understand what's enjoyable about doing something like that. Maybe they were showing off amongst themselves... who knows?

It's great that all this money has been raised and it shows there are still some decent people in the world but it will never repair the disappointment felt by the creators. I think if I lived nearby, I would offer to help repair some of it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Re: Heartbreaking !

Originally Posted by fender ->
I Think Rod Stewart has donated £10k towards rebuilding it as well.
He has, he says he's asked fellow enthusiasts Jools Holland, Roger Daltry to do the same...says it'sken him 23 years to build his model railway...

The JustGiving page is heading for £75,000 target.
The original target was £500 but they say the public response has been "out of this world", so now they're aim is to help others who were affected by the vandalism.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top