Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:45 PM

Kitchen makeover

Small kitchen = small makeover.

White cupboards/doors. Fully tiled - grey with a few blue and yellow tiles interspersed

It's at the back of the house so relatively dark, particularly in the winter - currently lighting is okay, so I'm intending to leave that as is.

Advice please on splashbacks - I think a bright yellow would help to brighten the room - with matching bright yellow blinds on windows. Acyrilic or glass splashbacks - which is easier to keep clean?

I'm also intending to replace the worktops, flooring and sink. Am thinking a slate grey worktop..........stainless steel sink...........not sure about flooring................any ideas?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:54 PM

Re: Kitchen makeover

We did red tiles, white base and cupboards, black tops, it works ..good luck with yours.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We did red tiles, white base and cupboards, black tops, it works ..good luck with yours.
Sounds great, but too dark for my kitchen and I'm intending to keep my tiles due to £££.........
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 11:04 PM

Good thinking Lindy
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:24 AM

Lindy, not sure about yellow splashbacks, I would keep them white, it won’t date, slate grey worktops sound nice, with a stainless sink, how about a light colour wooden floor?, if the kitchen is dark, either , put more lights in or make the fittings light colours, have you thought about a velux window or sun light in the roof, ?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

03-07-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Lindy, not sure about yellow splashbacks, I would keep them white, it won’t date, slate grey worktops sound nice, with a stainless sink, how about a light colour wooden floor?, if the kitchen is dark, either , put more lights in or make the fittings light colours, have you thought about a velux window or sun light in the roof, ?
It's really only dark because it's north facing. The existing lighting is three inset downlighters - so fine in summer when natural lighting is good. The tiles are pale grey - so a white splashback wouldn't be as a great a contrast as (say) yellow. I think the flooring needs to be vinyl as it's relatively hardwearing. I'll think on wood-effect............hmmmm.......
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 12:13 PM

A pale citrus yellow would be nice. More pastel than primary.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

03-07-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
A pale citrus yellow would be nice. More pastel than primary.
Wouldn't it be important to try and match the shade of yellow to those interspersed in the tiles?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

03-07-2019, 09:00 PM

There are some great matching splashbacks and blinds on this website:
http://www.creativelydifferentblinds...lashbacks.aspx
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Wouldn't it be important to try and match the shade of yellow to those interspersed in the tiles?
Ooh I didn't realise there were bright yellow bits. Do you have a photo Lindy? It's easier to get an idea then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top