Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:41 PM

Check Out This Lot!

Tony Parsons… Always straight talking from the Hip. Just read this from the Sun On Sunday. Your comments are welcome please, either in agreement or scorn.

I WOULDN’T TRUST NEW EUROCRATS TO RUN A WHELK STALL!

Just when you feel your faith flagging, the European Union does something so monumentally stupid that you know we have to get the thing over the line.

Behind closed doors, the EU has just doled its top jobs to Brussel’s next generation of unelected, unaccountable Ayatollahs.
And the prestige posts are all going to fanatical federalists who believe that Brexit is the devil’s spawn.

Ursula von der Leyen, replacing Jean-Claude Juncker as EU Commission president in November, talks with a straight face about a European Union army defending a United States of Europe. No, really.

Christine Lagarde, replacing Mario Draghi as European Central Bank president, was a proud cheerleader for Project Fear in her role as head of the International Monetary Fund, predicting the UK’s collapse if we dared to vote for Brexit.

And Charles Michel, the lame duck Belgian Prime Minister replacing Donald Tusk as EU Council President has consistently dismissed Brexit as a contemptible little “soap opera”.

Come back Jean-Claude Drunker - all is forgiven!

I have seen these appointments described as a “huge headache” for the next British Prime Minister.
On the contrary, having an elite of Brexit-bashing, Brit-loathing Eurocrats spitting their federalist poison at us makes leaving the EU inevitable.
Nothing is more likely to finally get us out of the European Union than having a sneering, bossy rabble of democracy-denying nonentities wagging their fingers in our faces.

I wouldn’t trust the EU Ayatollahs to run a whelk stall.

Charles Michel’s major claim to fame is that he became Belgium’s youngest ever PM in 2014, despite his party coming third in the elections.

Christine Lagarde was convicted of criminal negligence in 2016 over a financial scandal in France but spared jail time and allowed to keep her job. She is the first female head of the European Central Bank and also the first who has no background in economics.
Despite her eight years as head of the IMF, Lagarde is a lawyer and a politician, so best of luck saving the Euro, Christine.

Ursula von der Leyen’s nomination as EU Commission President has provoked outrage in her native Germany, where it is perceived as an undeserved reward for miserable failure.
Frau von der Leyen’s six years as defence minister earned her the reputation as “the worst minister in Germany” and being promoted to President of the EU Commission is seen as getting “kicked upstairs” by her friend, Angela Merkel.

Certainly, there is nothing on Ursula’s CV to warrant such a promotion. As defence minister, Frau von der Leyen prioritised creches and flexible working hours for Germany’s armed forces. Funding shortages became so dire on her watch that on a Nato training exercise in Norway, German troops were obliged to use broomsticks painted black instead of guns.
I don’t fancy her EU army’s chances against the Russians.
But I would bet they have childcare facilities to die for!!

Unelected by the people, unaccountable to the people, and contemptuous of the people, this next generation of Eurocrats remind us why the British have no future inside this arrogant empire.

Yes, Brexit has been an agony.
But the appointment of the EU’s new Ayatollahs prove that remaining is unthinkable.

Unquote.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Re: Check Out This Lot!

^^^ perfect

And another point, Van De Leyen wasn't even on the ballot.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
^^^ perfect

And another point, Van De Leyen wasn't even on the ballot.
Now, why doesn't that surprise me? It's not what you know, it's who you know, in that corrupt bear pit.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 07:52 PM

The only thing Parsons got wrong was his, ( maybe )
unintended criticism of whelk stall owners?
My dad ran a whelk stall for a few years and there was
nothing wrong with him!

Regards Donkeyman!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 07:55 PM

And why was no Brit appointed to high office I wonder? obvious they hate and despise us for trying to be independant.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 08:58 PM

Andrew Neil summed them up on Newsnight-

A failed German defence minister
A failed Belgian prime minister
A former financier found guilty of negligence in a multi million pound Euro scandal
And a Spanish politician who's been a cheerleader for repression in Catalonia
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
And why was no Brit appointed to high office I wonder? obvious they hate and despise us for trying to be independant.
Haven't you heard? The UK is leaving, a fact the EU has fully accepted. Only in the UK they are still bickering about it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

A former financier found guilty of negligence in a multi million pound Euro scandal
Compare that to the UK where half the politicians are stoned out of their minds (by their own admittance). Much more relaxed situation! Yo man!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

I would say they have just about the right qualifications to run a corrupt gravy train....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

07-07-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would say they have just about the right qualifications to run a corrupt gravy train....
Stay in the EU and you may witness the rise of brits to the EU top!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top