Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Go Trump !!!

Let's Make Brexit Great Again !

#MBGA

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190708-221009_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	10165  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:19 PM

Re: Go Trump !!!

Wouldn't surprise me if our ambassador's comments were leaked on purpose to sour our relationship with the US in an attempt to scupper any deals that may have been forthcoming.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 10:23 PM

I wish he would.

Well, I expected a backlash, after that nasty stirrer leaked those confidential documents. Whoever leaked it and published it must have known it would cause trouble and damage UK.

One of the things I remember Trump tweeting that I actually believed was his claim that, when someone attacks him, he always attack back...except 100x more.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I wish he would.

Well, I expected a backlash, after that nasty stirrer leaked those confidential documents. Whoever leaked it and published it must have known it would cause trouble and damage UK.

One of the things I remember Trump tweeting that I actually believed was his claim that, when someone attacks him, he always attack back...except 100x more.
In a public statement, trump hinted that he himself instigated the leak. Make any sense?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In a public statement, trump hinted that he himself instigated the leak. Make any sense?
Not quite sure if you mean Trump hinted that Trump himself instigated the leak
or the Ambassador, Kim Darroch, himself instigated the leak?

If Trump, I can’t see that being likely - he only likes praise - not sure his ego would stand voluntarily putting those comments into the public domain, even if it discredited someone to fit an agenda.

If Darroch, I suppose it’s a possibility - as Judd said, it may be a ploy to scupper future US/UK trade deals, so it could be any of those groups who want UK to stay close to EU and distance themselves from US and Trump administration.

Another possibility is that it’s a deliberate ploy to discredit the civil service - there has been a fair bit of criticism from some Brexiters, claiming that the civil service, especially in the foreign office, is pro-Remain and is working against Brexit.
Leaking this info has made Trump say he will no longer work with the Ambassador, which is a result that anyone would have expected.
It could be a move to outjockey the civil service and try to get an outsider into the role of Ambassador - I think Farage has already suggested the role should be undertaken by a Brexit supporting businessman, hasn’t he?
Farage certainly took the opportunity to attack Darroch and the civil service today. He clearly blamed the Ambassador for writing these reports instead of the blaming the person who leaked confidential documents.

The timing of this leak is rather more convenient for the Brexit Party or the ERG - I also saw Bill Cash stand up in Parliament today to say Darroch should be sacked.
Again, instead of criticising the leak itself, he focused on criticising Darroch, saying his “toxic” comments were unjustified and based on “personal prejudice”, adding he should be removed from his post because of a “lack of judgment.

I’m not one to jump to conspiracy theories but the timing of this leak seems rather convenient for some ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top