Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Re: Sudoku

But... there wasn't a 4 in the lines across or down for the top grid bottom left either.
I don't see how she knew where to put it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:56 PM

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
But... there wasn't a 4 in the lines across or down for the top grid bottom left either.
I don't see how she knew where to put it
My apologies that should have read 3.34 on the clip so if you look now she needs a 2 and a 6 so watch how she places them in those down squares by checking the across lines.

It's good to see that you are picking up the numbers that don't go Tessa as it is a learning process with this
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:00 PM

It's nothing to do with maths, you could just as easily use the first nine letters of the alphabet, so placing of the right number in the right square is just a matter of logic whilst remembering that every square and straight line vertically or horizontally must have all of the numbers or digits within it without duplication. Simples....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:04 PM

How on Earth do you do it?!!
I've looked and looked at different instructions and still none the wiser.
Do you have to be a maths genius?
I think I have some kind of number blindness, never been good at maths. It was a huge stress for me at school and only learned how to do percentages and stuff at work.

Any easy to understand tips would be welcome.
Exactly the same as me TessA, useless at maths at school but soon sorted that out when I started work. Not enough help given when at school to those who weren't 'top students' was the problem.

My daughter and granddaughters (10 and 13) tried to show me years' ago how to do soduko but I failed dismally, I just cannot get the gist of what it's all about.

You are not alone in having problems with it, that's more than obvious! There are now three of us – yourself, Floydy and me!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Exactly the same as me TessA, useless at maths at school but soon sorted that out when I started work. Not enough help given when at school to those who weren't 'top students' was the problem.

My daughter and granddaughters (10 and 13) tried to show me years' ago how to do soduko but I failed dismally, I just cannot get the gist of what it's all about.

You are not alone in having problems with it, that's more than obvious! There are now three of us – yourself, Floydy and me!
Although I excelled at most subjects, our maths teacher took a vicious delight at holding up my maths effort to show the class saying "and here we have another virgin white piece of paper from solo" and he wondered why I went blank as soon as I entered his class.

Doing sodoku gives me some small closure to that
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:18 PM

How did she know the 4 didn't go in top square bottom left?
If you want to get started on them, start with boxes of 6 rather than boxes of 9.

Start by looking at every single square individually and asking yourself can a 1 go there, can a 2 go there can a 3 go there etc. You are looking for a box where only one number will fit. Try the easy ones to start with in the Mail for instance. After a while you get to see other ways of working it out but it takes a while.

like you, when i first looked at them I thought it was impossible to work out but now I do the daily mail ones in about three or four minutes.

I am useless at maths btw.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:01 PM

I'm addicted to it. I have a Sudoko app on my phone which has different difficulty levels.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Oh no I understand your puzzled expression completely, TessA.
I've had a go at Suduku before and fail dismally trying to figure it out
I'll stick to The Daily Mail crossword. I can usually polish that off in a tea break.
Good luck!
The easy one at the back I presume?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

15-07-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Try watching this one because one explanation will click with you. Look at all the squares and numbers with her as it helps. As a maths hater if I can learn anyone can.

That example was a doddle.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top