Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:04 PM

Re: Please, Can Anyone Recommend A Combination Microwave Oven??

So I suppose you can cook a chicken and roast potatoes and puddings . I'm the old fashioned type of cook and enjoy the old fashioned stick to yer ribs like glue dinners . I use a basic microwave for reheating and pop potatoes in for 5 mins before crisping them in the electric oven .

I love technology but I dont always understand it

Thanks Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
So I suppose you can cook a chicken and roast potatoes and puddings . I'm the old fashioned type of cook and enjoy the old fashioned stick to yer ribs like glue dinners . I use a basic microwave for reheating and pop potatoes in for 5 mins before crisping them in the electric oven .

I love technology but I dont always understand it

Thanks Art
susan, l don’t like chicken cooked by microwave only but with a combination microwave, you could just use the convection oven of it.

I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to cooking. I never buy ready made meals as l don’t like them!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am afraid not! Omah.

That’s why l have come online tonight, as l need Zuleika or realspeed, to tell me how to do jacket potatoes!

I have only got as far as putting the convection heat on for 5 minutes to remove the oil used for rust protection to be burned off!
Only just seen this Art .
Having Googled your model number it’s probably the same as ours but the front’s different .
Mine has a panel on the right hand side with a selection of things you might want to cook .Jacket potatoes is one button to press then you’re instructted to put in the weight ....I always think 200 is ok for 1 potato .
The combi is then automatically selected , time comes up and includes the grill coming on to crisp up the skin , you simply press Start .

Does it not show you in the instruction booklet how to do this ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:32 PM

I never ever buy ready made meals either Art . Full of E numbers and fat and expensive too . I'm cooking at the mo , I'm doing stew and dumplings as my friend has come round to lunch

Yummy
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I never ever buy ready made meals either Art . Full of E numbers and fat and expensive too . I'm cooking at the mo , I'm doing stew and dumplings as my friend has come round to lunch

Yummy
This is incorrect ,the Sainsbury’s Cottage pie I buy and is the only ready meal I buy isn’t full of E numbers and fat nor expensive .
As for cooking your own meals , I’ve done my bit of that over many years , including Cottage and Shepherd’s Pies from scratch , but now my hands are arthritic I’ m not over clever at peeling potatoes or preparing dishes that need to be lifted into the oven because I drop things all day long .
I never thought I would have to resort to the odd CP ready meal but I’m afraid needs must .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Only just seen this Art .
Having Googled your model number it’s probably the same as ours but the front’s different .
Mine has a panel on the right hand side with a selection of things you might want to cook .Jacket potatoes is one button to press then you’re instructted to put in the weight ....I always think 200 is ok for 1 potato .
The combi is then automatically selected , time comes up and includes the grill coming on to crisp up the skin , you simply press Start .

Does it not show you in the instruction booklet how to do this ?
Zuleika, This is the instruction but l don’t quite understand it! Actually, reading it again, it states use the auto programme.
How do l access that? It’s all hurting my head! I must have a proper read of it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D4889424-133E-4346-B057-558E1A4B78BA.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	10382  
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 04:21 PM

I did look into the one John recommended but it was a bit smaller than the Panasonic.

Art, you can come and put your potatoes into my little one, any time you like!
Zuleika
North West UK

31-07-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, This is the instruction but l don’t quite understand it! Actually, reading it again, it states use the auto programme.
How do l access that? It’s all hurting my head! I must have a proper read of it.
You bought the black model ? Try as I might I can’t see that the front panel resembles mine so I can’t help you
There’s a Cookery Advice Line phone number on the back of my instruction book for guidance and cooking .If yours is the same you could ask them for guidance ?

Always use the metal plate on top of the glass plate when cooking jackets on Combi .
Try putting the potato in and pressing Auto if you have that choice , see what instruction comes up .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2019, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You bought the black model ? Try as I might I can’t see that the front panel resembles mine so I can’t help you
There’s a Cookery Advice Line phone number on the back of my instruction book for guidance and cooking .If yours is the same you could ask them for guidance ?

Always use the metal plate on top of the glass plate when cooking jackets on Combi .
Try putting the potato in and pressing Auto if you have that choice , see what instruction comes up .
Zuleika, I have had a more in depth read of the instruction book and jacket potatoes are on page 60 of the 119 page instruction book! It is programme 20. It is just one press on the Auto/Roast programme.
I haven’t tried it yet.

Oh and Thank You for the tip about using the metal tray on the glass turntable. I didn’t use it with my last Panasonic Combination Microwave.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I did look into the one John recommended but it was a bit smaller than the Panasonic.

Art, you can come and put your potatoes into my little one, any time you like!
John, I’m telling your wife about you!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top