Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:05 PM

Re: Beach donkeys

[QUOTE=Mups;1751216]
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am afraid all this pales in comparison to what Donkeys suffer in other countries not that it excuses it at all.
There they work in the heat all the time and not carrying a child but carrying terribly heavy loads such as bricks and coal .They are used as living wheel barrows.And the Donkeys are little too frail little things .
Even in Europe they don't fare very well in Spain they are still used for tourists to ride up steep hot streets .

Yes, I know what you mean about the working donkeys abroad, Muddy. The Brick Kilns of India are evil places for them. This is what the Donkey Sanctuary has to say.

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.u...ys-in-industry

I have adopted a Sidmouth donkey, well actually she'a a mule. We go regularly to the sanctuary & it's a lovely place to visit.
They are doing their best to get treatment for the donkey's abroad & to educate their owners.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I took my little Grandson to a donkey sanctuary on Monday we adopted an ex beach donkey called Alfie...doesn't mean we bring him home or anything just that we pay a small amount each month to assist with his upkeep...in return they will send us updates on how he and his pals at the sanctuary are doing.....I think lots of sanctuaries have similar schemes around the country.

You're a kind gal, Summer.
I bet your little grandson will remember that, and he will know to be kind to them too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Blackpool beach donkeys rescued after being punched, kicked, and hit with sticks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/blackp...after-13605428

The abusive owners of the 29 donkeys were found guilty of a string of animal cruelty charges, and banned for keeping animals for three years

17 NOV 2018

IMO, such "owners" should be thrown into an oubliette for a week or two .....

I remember reading about that at the time, Omah.

I always think the people who inflict onging cruelty like that, will never change. A fine, or even a prison sentence cannot change their basic personality, nor teach them empathy for another living creature.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 04:56 PM

Maybe it should be a case of let the punishment fit the crime .
Someone should chase them around in the sun hitting them with a stick and kicking them when they stop.
The chases coul be on a motor bike.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 06:50 PM

I'll pass that link onto the local knitting group Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-07-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'll pass that link onto the local knitting group Mups.

Ooh, that would be lovely Tess, thank you.
It all helps ey.
They can download the pattern from the website it says.
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 12:14 PM

I thought this had been outlawed and then last week we went to Cleethorpes and saw two groups of donkeys giving rides in the heat. It's very cruel and it should not be allowed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top