Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 10:05 PM

One man political band....

Along with many others I'm sure we have all wondered what the infuriating tinkling has been in the background of news reports. Well here is the answer - a one-man melodic protest.

Say whatever you like about his causes, his protest has clearly been very effective with a massive twitter storm. I'd love to see him interviewed.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...asts-1-6181775
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 10:23 PM

Re: One man political band....

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Along with many others I'm sure we have all wondered what the infuriating tinkling has been in the background of news reports. Well here is the answer - a one-man melodic protest.

Say whatever you like about his causes, his protest has clearly been very effective with a massive twitter storm. I'd love to see him interviewed.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...asts-1-6181775
I'd like to see him fed to the pigs.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2019, 11:10 PM

He's a pain in the arse and I'm amazed he hasn't been punched in the mouth yet.
I bet the BBC are fed up with him drowing out their news reports though, which is quite amusing.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:10 AM

Not in the slightest interested in what he has to say.

The idea that wearing red dresses, Fancy Dress, playing Glockenspiels or violins in a so-called 'peaceful' mode of protesting is anything other than a bunch of embittered, entitled , self absorbed overpaid middle-class wallies trying to impose their minority will on the silent majority of hard working Brits is fanciful at best.
The truth is it's the middle classes condescendingly berating the working classes for being 'stupid' and getting the Brexit vote 'wrong'

Working class folk have jobs to do. Jobs that take up most of their time and energy and leaves them with barely enough cash to get by.........Not enough to swan up to London and hang around annoying the f**k out of the nation by playing expensive instruments, shouting through megaphones or holding up traffic.

My 1st question would be..........Who's Paying You To Stand There Playing That Piece of Shit?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:09 AM

I like listening to the glockenspiel.

It's a nice musical backing track for those that lost.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:17 AM

Twitter is for twits .
And this plonker needs to get a job.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 09:47 AM

Pity the media didn't think of setting up a Bogus interview stand.

If they had, they could have filmed the idiot mouthing off to nobody!

Whilst the politicians talked elsewhere.

Or did I get this the wrong way round?

Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 06:52 PM

What is needed is more of the heavy rain, some thunder, and a well-directed bolt of lightening. That should make his glockens peel.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I like listening to the glockenspiel.

It's a nice musical backing track for those that lost.
On one occasion flying from Heathrow to Ottawa by Air Canada we were unfortunate enough to have a bloody Canadian marching band the leader of which decided the rest of the plane passengers would be delighted if the band did it's thing up and down the plane. Thing I remember most was a couple of glockenspiel "players".

I put up with the din for about an hour before complaining that I didn't want that row considering I was not in cattle class.

The cabin crew made them pack it up.

Rather than the glockenspiel I much prefer a zither.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
On one occasion flying from Heathrow to Ottawa by Air Canada we were unfortunate enough to have a bloody Canadian marching band the leader of which decided the rest of the plane passengers would be delighted if the band did it's thing up and down the plane. Thing I remember most was a couple of glockenspiel "players".

I put up with the din for about an hour before complaining that I didn't want that row considering I was not in cattle class.

The cabin crew made them pack it up.

Rather than the glockenspiel I much prefer a zither.

Ha ha that's brilliant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top