Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Simply sublime

Four of us dined out at a new Italian/Sardinian restaurant, and what a fantastic meal we had!

Began with various kinds of home made bread, with little pots of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it into. All of us had garlic mushrooms in cream and white wine sauce.

One had lasagna, one had butterfly chicken in mustard and honey sauce. Two of us had Lobster linguini.

I had never tasted lobster before - it came with mussels and clams - I had never tasted clams before either - and it was served in a superb tomato and onion sauce.

We bought the wine by the glass because we all have different tastes

None of us had room for pudding - although they looked very tempting. We just opted for coffee.

The portions of everything were very generous. The service was fast and friendly without being intrusive, and the bill was very reasonable - £30 each and that included a good tip.

It was a lovely night out.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:00 PM

Re: Simply sublime

Sounds super tabby.

Always fun to try out new foods. Now you know what you have been missing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:03 PM

Glad you enjoyed your meal Tabs.
It sounds lovely.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Crikey ST, that sounds a fabulous feast. Isn't it great when you are trying a food that you have never had before, as you did with Lobster and Clams. (I too have never tasted either).

Really pleased you enjoyed the meal so much. I adore spicy food but unfortunately, they seem to dislike me these days, so really envious of you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top