Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 11:50 AM

Re: 'Brexit Diet'

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Fear not, if Brexit ever happens I shall produce many more helpful videos in my "Surviving Brexit" series. We'll get you through this.

That's me buggered, I can't abide baked beans.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's me buggered, I can't abide baked beans.
Love Beans on Toast with a sprinkling of grated Cheddar Cheese. Also on my Jacket Potato when the weather is colder.
(Has to be either Heinz or Crosse & Blackwell though).
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Love Beans on Toast with a sprinkling of grated Cheddar Cheese. Also on my Jacket Potato when the weather is colder.
Me too.
I can survive on very little, I had plenty of practice with my first wasband!

My main worry will be that our National Grid buys power from France if the winters are bad and they can't produce enough. After that huge power cut this week, it made me think.
Does our gas come from Europe?
Is that the real reason why the Government are promoting Ground Source heating?

Will France put prices up?

Worried of Cheeseland
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Hi

The scenario of a No Deal.

We leave with no Transition Period, which we would not have needed at all if May had got her finger out.

Boris refuses to pay the Withdrawal Agreement.

It is not £39 Billion, it is already down to £32 billion.

We do not have to pay £16 Billion as we will have no Transition Period.

That leaves the £16 Billion which we have agreed to pay.

It all depends on how upset the EU get about this.

It will go to International Court, there is no way the EU will not do that.

They could wait and see what happens, but they could put the pressure on.

They will not be obstructive to their producers, but they could create chaos by playing the game with our Exporters to the EU.

There are also things individual EU Countries could do, France in particular.

Macron is most certainly not a friend of the UK

He is a touchy Git and Boris has called the French "Turds".

Do not be surprised if Macron scraps the Border Agreement, moves it back to the UK and lets the illegal migrant camps spring up again.

As Twinks says, we buy electricity from France and it is a joint Chinese French Company building our new nuclear Power Station.

He could just up the prices.

He is a nasty man., like Varadkar.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Remember winter of 1963?
I remember it well Omah , we were walking on top of the hedges in Derbyshire the snow was so deep. We all went for a walk on Christmas night, it was magical with not a sound to be heard except the wind.

We weren't in the common market then, heaven knows why we didn't all starve
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 01:48 PM

I am not at all worried about shortages, we grow plenty of winter vegetables in the UK.

Ok we might be a bit short of salad stuff but I for one can live without it in the winter.

If people learnt to cook properly no one need go short of food.

I am planting 60 leeks, a few more than I normally plant so lots of leek soup to eat with my homemade bread .
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
In*2001, the*UK's*Food Standards Agency*found Heinz canned baked beans was one of a number of well-known canned products to be contaminated with the*hormone disruptor bisphenol A*(BPA). This chemical forms part of the membrane that lines the cans. The Heinz company put out a statement – "Although UK and European food authorities have stated that minute levels of BPA in can coatings are safe, Heinz remains committed to moving to alternatives."[9][10][11]

Specifically, endocrine disruptors may be associated with the development of*learning disabilities, severe*attention deficit disorder,*cognitive*and brain development problems; deformations of the body (including limbs); breast cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid and other cancers; sexual development problems suchSpecifically, endocrine disruptors may be associated with the development of*learning disabilities, severe*attention deficit disorder,*cognitive*and brain development problems; deformations of the body (including limbs); breast cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid and other cancers; sexual development problems such as*feminizing*of males or*masculinizing*effects on females, etc.

And in 2016 britain voted for brexit. It all fits.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:16 PM

The member states will stick two fingers up at the EU if their trade with the UK is affected due to their stupidity.

Don't be surprised if we start seeing secret meetings at the G7 at the end of August between individual member states and the UK.

One thing you can be certain in business is that money talks - without Germany's car sales to the UK and the French agriculture sales, the EU is right totally shafted.

In the meantime I'll continue to buy locally to support our uk farmers and producers.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:27 PM

I'll be hexing someone when I'm wrapped in my duvet eating cold baked beans!

Poinking will seem mild in comparision.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Me too.
Does our gas come from Europe?
Is that the real reason why the Government are promoting Ground Source heating?
The UK currently produces enough gas to meet almost half of its needs (44%) from the North Sea and the East Irish Sea.
We also import 47% of the gas we use via pipelines from Norway, the Netherlands and Belgium. The remaining 9% comes in to the UK by tankers in the form of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG).

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top