Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 08:21 AM

Re: Is mental illness ever used as an excuse for failure or bad Behaviour?

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Is mental illness ever used as an excuse for failure or bad Behaviour?

In my experience ignorance of metal illness is used as an excuse, failing to support or understand anyone struggling with a problem.
Mental illness has certainly been used as an excuse for the behaviour of Muslim activists in order to divert attention from what is really taking place!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
How do you know there is no God for certain?
Because there is no need for god other than in the minds of people who created it as an explanation for what they don't understand, as a comfort blanket, as a means of memorialising proven good practice, and to dominate and so control others.

Today as what had been unexplained is becoming understood more and more day by day so the places where it can be used to explain the still unexplained are dwindling towards nothing.

Simples.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 09:11 AM

Looks like I will have my work cut out defending the faith on here. Sorry if I have you on ignore. Im either avoiding your inflammatory style of communication or just creating a safe space myself. No need to dignify rudeness by responding is my mantra. i will respond now and then though just for a change.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 09:54 AM

It's a shame this thread has descended into yet another one about religion and whether or not there is a "God". Wish we could keep on topic.

Precious, there are some good answers here and it's a credit to yourself for even having the courage to talk about such a sensitive subject for you to deal with. My best wishes to you bud, I'm sure you have the willpower to deal with it all

I worry about stupid things and get very upset over nothing sometimes. My way around it is to get everything that is stored up off my mind as soon as I can. Dealing with my problems if at all possible. Too much hassle built-up and bottled up doesn't do us any good and it's best to get it out of the way and talk about your issues with others. It really does work.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's a shame this thread has descended into yet another one about religion and whether or not there is a "God". Wish we could keep on topic.

Precious, there are some good answers here and it's a credit to yourself for even having the courage to talk about such a sensitive subject for you to deal with. My best wishes to you bud, I'm sure you have the willpower to deal with it all

I worry about stupid things and get very upset over nothing sometimes. My way around it is to get everything that is stored up off my mind as soon as I can. Dealing with my problems if at all possible. Too much hassle built-up and bottled up doesn't do us any good and it's best to get it out of the way and talk about your issues with others. It really does work.
Floydy, your blood is worth bottling. You are blessing in disguise. A stormtrooper for God and you don't even realise it. Thanks again.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by precious ->
Floydy, your blood is worth bottling. You are blessing in disguise. A stormtrooper for God and you don't even realise it. Thanks again.
Oh right, okay then I can live with that
I have nothing whatsoever to do with talk about God though, Precious. I'm not an aethiest or anything at all. I'm not a non-believer either. I just have no views on religion.

I only mentioned it because one of my pet hates about this forum is that people digress too easily off the beaten track.

I thought this thread was about you and your trouble with anxiety etc, not God.

Regards buddy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:38 AM

In an ideal world........ everyone has access to a good counsellor/personal coach. Now some people become their own cheerleader. They motivate and encourage themselves. But some of us ....well the self talk is like a nagging wife ( oops that is sexist sorry)
No i just think many of us need that constant emotional and psycholgical help on a regular basis. To keep us focussed and balanced. So we dont catastrophise. We learn to have a cool head.
As in the USA where everyone who can afford it has their therapist ?
There just are’t enough to go around .
People have always been mentally ill that’s life .
Now we have so much time to think we can dwell upon things more and counsellors what exactly do they do?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Looks like I will have my work cut out defending the faith on here. Sorry if I have you on ignore. Im either avoiding your inflammatory style of communication or just creating a safe space myself. No need to dignify rudeness by responding is my mantra. i will respond now and then though just for a change.
Precious I don’t think that AD is being rude it’s just his way of posting somewhat short and to the point !.
Indeed despite my efforts to be charming at all times am sometimes a bit like that myself
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Precious, I think you did the right thing, you probably saved your own life. The other teachers, you don't really know if they coped or not. I know more than one who had a breakdown. One a woman who went about her work with self-possession and humour - until she broke. Many are merely better actors than others.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:54 AM

I could answer the question "What is a counsellor and what exactly do they do" if it is serious and not just a rhetorical swipe. I am offering to because I was one for many years. I can offer a structured and sensible answer based on the areas that I worked in (Not psychotherapy) I will answer any question if it is serious and respectfully asked and if somebody is genuinely interested in the subject. if the answer I give is going to be rubbished I won't bother. Over to you(se) Keep in mind however that you are competing with The Ashes so ask now or hold your peace.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top