Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:07 PM

Oh What A Night!

I decided on Monday that l would go to a Skittles Night with a fish and chip supper with the U3A group, l belong to.

On arriving tonight, l noticed most were couples that l hadn’t seen before but it didn’t bother me as l’d met the organiser and his wife when l took my payment to their house on Monday.

I sat at a table when the organiser brought a woman towards me.
‘Hi’, she said. ‘l’m on my own and Ken said, you were too, do you mind if l sit with you?’
‘No of course not’, l replied.

She had got herself a glass of wine and sat down beside me. She said, she had only recently joined and was feeling anxious about being in a large group. I said, it didn’t bother me and never minded going to places on my own.

She seemed to be ok and was chatting away to me but just as l was to be called for my go to bowl, her hands seem to be darting about as she spoke.

The next thing, she accidentally knocks her glass of wine and the whole lot spills onto my lap. My jeans are soaked and l look like l’ve wet myself and I stink like a brewery!

My name is called for me to bowl but l can’t at that moment as l am drenched in wine. I ask for my name to be put on the end as l try and dry myself out.

In the meantime, the fish and chips arrive and l join the queue with soggy legs. Anxious lady, decides she will take her fish and chips and go home as she’s getting more anxious.

She goes home, l sit in my wet jeans and eat my fish and chips. Next, l am called for my turn to bowl. I can’t explain to everyone that a drink has been spilled on me and that l am not incontinent! Anyway, l knocked 8 out of 9 skittles down and l felt a bit cheered!

Now l don’t know whether to ask... have you ever had to do something in wet trousers?
Or, how can anyone, who is so pretty as she was, be so unconfident and anxious? She did say, it stems back to her childhood.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:48 PM

Re: Oh What A Night!

I DO feel for you .....

A night out ruined ..... and in front of strangers .....

That sort of mishap has happened to me many times in the past - sometimes I was the victim ..... , sometimes the perpetrator .....

Did the perpetrator, in this case, offer to pay for the cleaning of your clothes .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:24 AM

Oh, Artangel! How sporting of you to go on with the game despite the disaster! Too funny and awful at the same time.

I once backed off a pier at a dinner party. It was more than my pants that got soaked
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I decided on Monday that l would go to a Skittles Night with a fish and chip supper with the U3A group, l belong to.

She goes home, l sit in my wet jeans and eat my fish and chips. Next, l am called for my turn to bowl. I can’t explain to everyone that a drink has been spilled on me and that l am not incontinent! Anyway, l knocked 8 out of 9 skittles down and l felt a bit cheered!
Sorry, Artangel, but that all made me smile! What a good sport you are to continue - with wet trousers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, Artangel! How sporting of you to go on with the game despite the disaster! Too funny and awful at the same time.

I once backed off a pier at a dinner party. It was more than my pants that got soaked
Now that just needs a bit of explaining, Surfermom!

Nice to have you back, by the way, did you enjoy your cruise?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Well done Art! You showed kindness to an insecure lady, carried on regardless with the evening & tried to deal with a difficult situation without making a fuss.

I am surprised that nobody in the group showed you the same kindness, when they saw your trousers were wet, because it was obviously caused by a spilled drink and a comforting word would have made you feel better!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:13 AM

Oh dear - poor woman - poor you. I bet you won't see anymore of her Art!

No I've never done anything in wet trousers that I can think of but I did once go swimming & forgot my towel - that was uncomfortable!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 07:31 AM

This is true, I went on a school trip and was in a canoe without the splash jacket thing, as such my lap was soaking, didn't realise my zip had broken, the teacher looked at me and said "Spitty, do you realise your trousers have collapsed".

Edit, The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:46 AM

I wore white trousers once while going for a pub lunch with some friends,
Needing the toilet I made my excuses and left the group. After relieving myself I went to wash my hands in the small sink on the wall....
I depressed the hot tap and to my surprise it released a very high pressure jet of water that hit the small sink, bounced out and proceeded to soak my white trousers..... Try explaining that to your half sozzled workmates and wives.

Now you know why I always wear shorts....Dark colours too...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:49 AM

My husband gave U3A a go when he was recovering from his brain surgery, he didn't rate them at all, not his scene.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top