Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Re: A bad year for the Royals

I think the Queen has been great and phillip too, I can't imagine Charles and Camilla being even half as good. I think William and Catherine will be great but the entire rest of the family need to disappear from the royal purse. I always had a soft spot for Anne she works really hard and doesn't suffer fools gladly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:09 AM

Beware all you naysayers and remainers.......

trea•son (ˈtri zən)

n.
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; treachery.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Beware all you naysayers and remainers.......

trea•son (ˈtri zən)

n.
1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or state.
3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; treachery.
Before you consign me to the tower to await being hung, drawn and quartered - HM is not my sovereign - so my comments - good or bad - do not count.

However, I am a guest in her realm and am happy to repeat what what I said earlier - I respect and admire her - wouldn't have her job or her family though, not for a million pounds a week!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Here in my usual position - distant observer - I wouldn't argue with much here. QE2 is Queen of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and so on. So her position here..is totally different to her position as the Queen of England IN England. You pay for the royals. We don't. So there's a lot less resentment towards them on a personal level as there is there. I have noticed on here that there is a fair bit of genuine disdain for the royals..eg "why do we have to pay taxes to support them" etc etc. Well I have no answer for that and I think that when the queen dies..and she will. THat the UK may well become a republic. Maybe not. "The Crown" is at the top of authority in the UK and the Commonwealth is it not?. Not a person but an institution. Can you still have The Crown as an authority without a King or a Queen?..Would the Crown become the constitution?..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:16 PM

I would say, the royal family are in dire straits at the moment and are losing credibility really fast. The press really seem to have it in for them and they can do no right.

I wonder what the Queen will say about it all in her Christmas speech? ‘Annus horribilis’, wont be strong enough to describe it, after the year she’s just had.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:44 PM

I really like and respect the queen and I feel really sorry for all the bad press her family is getting .

I agree the press are doing their damnest to destroy any credibility.

I.d love to be a fly on the wall to hear what the queen is saying.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 02:50 PM

I watched a documentary on princess Margaret recently, what an amazing life she had and she took it all and more . Although she was not allowed to marry Townsend she made up for it with Roddy Llewellyn and her hangers on in Mustique and lived life to the full . She knew which side her bread was buttered .

Edward V111 decided to abdicate but he still had a life beyond anything we folk could imagine

The royals are born to it and no matter how much we complain wont make an iota of change or even disturb the life styles they have because they dont give a jot
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 03:08 PM

Princess Margaret could have married Townsend but she would have had to give up her position .
In the end rank won .
It is said that the friends of Peter Townsend all heaved a sigh of relief as they thought she would have been bad for him .
Townsend to all reported was a quiet undemanding man .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:15 PM

You have to wonder who would be our President....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The press really seem to have it in for them and they can do no right.
I totally agree Art.

It's getting very boring seeing yet endless Harry-bashing articles day after day. It's like a mob hounding them.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top