Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Re: Would you let your child become a 'kid influencer'?

Just who is " influenced" by these things?
The terminally hard of thinking?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 02:17 PM

Short answer ..no. Adult "influencers" are insufferable enough. Young kids?..nah mate. Na ah. It's just another form of disguised child abuse for mine. Healthy self esteem gained by success without cheating and the approval and respect of peers is a lot different to social media induced narcissism.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I'd be quite ashamed if any of mine treated anyone as less than equal we don't do judging people because of their religion, sexuality or colour.
But people are NOT all equal.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 03:41 PM

Well I'd be quite ashamed if any of mine treated anyone as less than equal we don't do judging people because of their religion, sexuality or colour.
Well said.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 04:37 PM

No I wouldn't mainly because most influencers seem terribly selfish and self entitled people. They get a warped idea of how important they are in the scheme of life. If they want to do it as adults that's their choice but I would wonder what I did wrong as a parent to make them think they as so important.
Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Short answer ..no. Adult "influencers" are insufferable enough. Young kids?..nah mate. Na ah. It's just another form of disguised child abuse for mine. Healthy self esteem gained by success without cheating and the approval and respect of peers is a lot different to social media induced narcissism.
Indeed .....

In the past, famous child actors have frequently, and often publicly, become, in various ways, the victims of fame. Nowadays, it's not a few thousand aspiring pre-teens, but millions worldwide marketing their childhood and expecting it to last forever .....

https://www.grin.co/blog/kid-influencers

If you want to engage kids, you need content that is kid-friendly and relatable. Not just that, you should also be able to engage with parents and kids at the same time. This means you need to make content for two different target audiences.

To bridge the gap between these two generations, kid influencers are perfect. Working with kid influencers and their parents can be really helpful for your marketing campaigns. They are your target audience, and they know what works for them.

Big brands like Target and Covergirl are already bringing in kid influencers to reach out to younger audiences. According to a report from PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, the under-13 digital media market is showing a 25 percent year-on-year growth rate. If you want to reach out to kids and their parents, here are some kid influencers that your brand should work with.
All very "glossy" .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
No way in this world would I let a young child of mine take part in something like that!
Me neither!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 07:50 AM

No market, no sale, simple principals transcend all fads

Bet no one remembers "Fads", see what I mean.
Purple lizard
Somerset
Purple lizard is female 

24-08-2019, 01:52 PM

I think I have an unusual teenager for this day and age.
She's not really into social media.
She has a phone on my insistence, so that she can contact us when she's out, but she only uses it for texting and calling.
She doesn't use facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc and although she does use YouTube, she mainly watches Game walk throughs and music videos.
It really irritates her when friends have their attention constantly on their phones. A refreshing attitude I think
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Purple lizard ->
I think I have an unusual teenager for this day and age.
She's not really into social media.
She has a phone on my insistence, so that she can contact us when she's out, but she only uses it for texting and calling.
She doesn't use facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc and although she does use YouTube, she mainly watches Game walk throughs and music videos.
It really irritates her when friends have their attention constantly on their phones. A refreshing attitude I think
Good for her.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 03:46 PM

A Child influencer on social media?.... I'm sorry but in my opinion behind these kids are some very ambitious adults and its more likely they are doing the influencing.

Ok the kids get free stuff but its just stuff and not a good standard for kids to aspire to... something for nothing.

Each to their own I suppose... As far as the effect on the kids themselves I would be concerned it might be a Kardashian training ground.

So no I would not encourage my kids or grandkids down that route.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top