Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
You're my hero
Yes he's my hero too
skysea59
New Member!
Maine, USA
skysea59 is female 

21-06-2017, 06:04 PM

I LOVE hearing or reading about what other folks think, do or simply have to say about darn near anything so I offer up the, "attention" they might be seeking! It's all good! I think most folks like a bit of attention now and then so as long as it isn't hurting anyone it becomes, epic socializing and that's kinda nice!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Thanks Aysa! It's good to know someone reads my ramblings!
Sometimes I wonder if I'm a figment of my own imagination
I always read your ramblings
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by skysea59 ->
I LOVE hearing or reading about what other folks think, do or simply have to say about darn near anything so I offer up the, "attention" they might be seeking! It's all good! I think most folks like a bit of attention now and then so as long as it isn't hurting anyone it becomes, epic socializing and that's kinda nice!
Good post Skysea, why the hell are we here..........
I prefer to get my news on here rather than the BBC or the Daily Wail.
Was I attention seeking when I used to wander down the pub to catch up with the local gossip and see what my friends had been up to that day. It was a two way street when I used to tell them all my news........But they shut the pub, so now I come on here....Pint anyone?..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am not one of the prolific posters, but I do read a great deal of what is posted - I am one of the prolific readers. Trouble is, by the time I have read it all someone has come along and posted what I was going to say.
I see you joined in 2010!
My genealogical friends and I joined about four years ago.

Some of us stayed ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good post Skysea, why the hell are we here..........
I prefer to get my news on here rather than the BBC or the Daily Wail.
Was I attention seeking when I used to wander down the pub to catch up with the local gossip and see what my friends had been up to that day. It was a two way street when I used to tell them all my news........But they shut the pub, so now I come on here....Pint anyone?..
Oooh Foxy, your news must have been naughty if they had to shut the pub. We can't wait to here more.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Oooh Foxy, your news must have been naughty if they had to shut the pub. We can't wait to here more.
No No Twinky, it wasn't me that shut t' pub.
They faced a gun with three bullets in it...

The first shot came when they banned drink driving, not so easy for people to get to the pub on foot, especially if they didn't live in the village. Not insurmountable though....

Second shot, when drinkers realised they could buy beer down at the local Tesco for half the price in the pub. A few loyal subjects remained although it was getting fairly lonely stood at the bar on most nights....

Final shot came when they banned smoking. A few regulars went down in the summer when the weather was nice and they could have a fag outside. But they were mostly the hardened drinkers and not very good conversationalists, unless you liked a flutter on the dogs and spent most of your days down at the jobcentre.....

So pub couldn't make ends meet and it got boarded up......So hello forum members it's that ex drinker, ex smoker pest from South Yorkshire..........
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes he's my hero too
Yes, Yes Rachel, I love him too but what about the topic in hand.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No No Twinky, it wasn't me that shut t' pub.
They faced a gun with three bullets in it...

The first shot came when they banned drink driving, not so easy for people to get to the pub on foot, especially if they didn't live in the village. Not insurmountable though....

Second shot, when drinkers realised they could buy beer down at the local Tesco for half the price in the pub. A few loyal subjects remained although it was getting fairly lonely stood at the bar on most nights....

Final shot came when they banned smoking. A few regulars went down in the summer when the weather was nice and they could have a fag outside. But they were mostly the hardened drinkers and not very good conversationalists, unless you liked a flutter on the dogs and spent most of your days down at the jobcentre.....

So pub couldn't make ends meet and it got boarded up......So hello forum members it's that ex drinker, ex smoker pest from South Yorkshire..........
You forgot the fact that Pubs went Gastro and family friendly, it was much better when all you could get in the Pub was Beer and Crumpet.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Glad I'd had my fill of Crumpet by then.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top