Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Re: What is your absolute greatest fear?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loss of dignity.

Not being able to wipe my bum.

Then I will be out of here.
Yes, not pleasant to be in such a situation
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
99% of fear is fantasy.
We suffer in imagination more than in reality
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
My BH dying first.And heights.I'm OK on something natural but a building,no thank you.
The loss of a spouse would be devastating. Heights hmm, I can’t say. I’ve jumped off the Orlando Towers and abseiled. But heights can be terrifying
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure, there are many to chose from, being fearful and not being able to remember why may be uncomfortable.
That sounds awful
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm sure she will correct me if I'm wrong but I think perhaps these extreme situations are not what Annie was referring to. More the every day things that some people fear and others don't..heights..spiders..snakes,,flying... I myself have never faced artillery fire. I've never been captured an tortured and I've never had to watch my child being abused. Nobody should have to go through that. But, as you have pointed out, they do. I have been in some horrific situations too but I choose not to talk about them here. I have gained the impression from your posts that you have experienced some very tough situations yourself and have many scars. Emotional and physical. I am very sorry you have been through that. I have also noticed that you have consistently received many kind and supportive words from the members here. And that is a good thing. With all that in mind I have to say that Annie didn't deserve what she got from you back there. She was just expressing an opinion like you frequently do. I think she deserves an apology. Of course this is just my humble opinion.
Whatever he said >>>>^
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Funny story but for those of us with the same fear a scary one too. I have tried my best to overcome my fear especially when the kids were small I tried to be brave and set a good example but unfortunately I'm still terrified of spiders...they just move so quickly dont they and all those legs........shudders
Yeah. I know what you mean. My son thinks I’m a donkey
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Getting found out.
Why? What did you do? Rob a bank?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loss of dignity.

Not being able to wipe my bum.

Then I will be out of here.
Think about how the wiper will feel Swim.....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

13-01-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Driving or being driven on Motorways and Cockroaches.

I don't mind spiders and snakes
Try Africa’s motorways! Nerves of steel a pre-requisite. Hate cockroaches as well. They must be a special kind of nasty to be able to survive an ELE but, I haven’t seen one in years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 12:27 PM

Stepping on the cracks in the pavement.....
I get a stiff neck sometimes when I'm walking around town.
Thank God for lockdown....

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top