Join for free
Page 35 of 36 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:20 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I believe Judd said the other day that he'd got one, Rehab, and he is an electrician by trade, so his opinion might be interesting?
Ahh, thanks Mups, I must have missed that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Ahh, thanks Mups, I must have missed that.

Just looked back and found Judd's post, it was Post 260.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
just looked back and found judd's post, it was post 260.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Thanks Mups, Read it....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Also worth pointing out the very significant dangers of leaving washing machines and tumble dryers running during the night. These devices are some of the most common that fail and catch fire and if you are asleep in bed when it happens you and your family could easily be killed. The fire services are already very worried about the advent of Smart Meters making everyone use appliances at night. Read on . . .

Using your washing machine at night could cost you your life: Firefighters warn over plan to charge different rates at different times of day

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...times-day.html
Gawd you're a misery - never heard of smoke detectors?

The chance of your tumble dryer or washing machine catching fire must be minuscule you have far more chance of being run over by a bus.

Judd's post exposes your misinformation for what it is. All the evidence on smart meters shows that if you do nothing your bill will be approximately the same or marginally less.

Certainly not the 200% or 300% rise that your scaremongering insists will be the case, like most of your farcical claims - absolute nonsense.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:00 AM

I was called by my supplier, EDF (who I've been with since moving into this flat over 24 years ago), who tried getting me to agree to a meter. On his third attempt of asking why I didn't want one, what was it about them that I didn't like etc., I scoffed down the phone loudly and said 'you're not listening to me, are you?! I'm not interested!!' And disconnected.

I have always read my own meter (for goodness sake, it's not hard!), and enter the figures on their website. It instantly calculates what I owe. If I feel like paying up straightaway, then I will. Or I wait for a few days till they 'send the bill' (by email).

Oh, I refuse to use my WM at night, because as I leave all my doors propped open it would disturb me. I don't have a tumble (use those at the launderette). I have a mini oven rather than a full size (it broke down years ago and haven't had it mended or replaced).

My bills go up every quarter, by what I consider to be extortionate sums, but I am positive that having a smart meter is not going to change my lifestyle. As I live alone I can please myself on electricity usage.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
How very Council....
This is Yorkshire you know Rehab.....

Dishwashers and Tumble dryers haven't got this far north yet........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I was called by my supplier, EDF (who I've been with since moving into this flat over 24 years ago), who tried getting me to agree to a meter. On his third attempt of asking why I didn't want one, what was it about them that I didn't like etc., I scoffed down the phone loudly and said 'you're not listening to me, are you?! I'm not interested!!' And disconnected.

I have always read my own meter (for goodness sake, it's not hard!), and enter the figures on their website. It instantly calculates what I owe. If I feel like paying up straightaway, then I will. Or I wait for a few days till they 'send the bill' (by email).

Oh, I refuse to use my WM at night, because as I leave all my doors propped open it would disturb me. I don't have a tumble (use those at the launderette). I have a mini oven rather than a full size (it broke down years ago and haven't had it mended or replaced).

My bills go up every quarter, by what I consider to be extortionate sums, but I am positive that having a smart meter is not going to change my lifestyle. As I live alone I can please myself on electricity usage.
You should contact them and change your plan to a cheaper one. Otherwise they will keep raising your tariff.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You should contact them and change your plan to a cheaper one. Otherwise they will keep raising your tariff.
Visit Cheap Energy Club and sign up - it's free!

They will do a comparison and show you the cheapest options. If you want to change supplier, they will do it and also remind you when your tariff is about to end and give you another comparison if you want to change again.

We should all change suppliers regularly, as they know nothing of loyalty.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:59 PM

A quick tip
If you have lots of Hot drinks during the day, invest in a stainless steel flask ( not the glass type) ,buy a large one and fill this in the morning, it’s surprising how long it stays hot,

Page 35 of 36 « First < 25 33 34 35 36 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top