Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 03:59 PM

Re: Ripper Steet

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Oh dear, seems as if I am in the minority here, or maybe it is simply that the naysayers are the only ones to comment, but I personally thoroughly enjoyed both episodes and am looking forward to the next one. Far more interesting and realistic than the namby pamby sugary sweet Paradise.
I and my husband really enjoy the programme. Yes it is dark and yes it is unpleasant but then life was like that our poor ancestors had to put up with that kind of life. The acting and plots are very good and the detail must be a nightmare for the producers. I like the language too which although much better than the bang bang stick em up American 'cop' stuff which is just horrible.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 04:11 PM

I love Ripper Street - in fact I love anything "dark" and unpleasant. Brilliantly acted and really interesting plots - loved the wonderful Joe Gilgun in the Fagin role in episode 2.
Whitechapel was a series I really enjoyed as well - a sort of updated version.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2013, 05:32 PM

I used to love this kind of thing and horror films but these days I don't want to watch nasties

There is enough horror in every day life all around me ....
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Hmm, don't think this is my sort of entertainment. Especially not before going to bed either.
Marieannettez
Essex
Marieannettez is female 

18-02-2013, 11:17 PM

I watched the first one but wasn,t sure if i liked it. The following week Mr Selfridge started on ITV which I am thoroughly enjoying.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 10:34 PM

I watch it because it's quite well done, regarding the costumes and street scenes, but a couple of things lower it in my estimation. Firstly, the violence meted out to women in just about every episode. Yes, yes, we get that it's abhorrent! We just don't need to see brutalized women in every single episode. Secondly, the cardboard cut-out characters - there isn't one of the cast that I like or have a faint interest in.

In short, it passes the time, but it's pretty forgettable, overall.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2013, 10:48 PM

I haven't been watching it. Think the last episode is sometime this week!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 11:01 PM

It's finished
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 12:20 AM

A good ending though
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 01:58 PM

It was a good ending. But I did shed a tear for that poor young constable just starting out. Somehow this programme seemed to move me even though or possibly because of the violence that happened. This violence continues today perhaps even worse than what is seen in Ripper Street. I am looking forward to some more of this series.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top