Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 06:33 PM

Favourite 'old' movies....

I have a love of 'old' movies - well a lot of them....My favs are....
'The Hasty Heart' - Richard Todd
'Its a Wonderful Life' - Jimmy Stewart
'The Heiress' - Olivia De Haviland
Care to share......?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 07:31 PM

Re: Favourite 'old' movies....

Whisky Galore.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Whisky Galore.
Sounds like a name for a 'Saloon gal'......
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 07:37 PM

The Third Man - Orson Wells. The haunting zither music adds to the atmosphere.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 07:40 PM

Westerns were always my favourite, and I think Shenandoah with Jimmy Stewart was one of the best.... although the final scene when the boy eventually makes it home at the Sunday morning church service always leaves me blubbing like a big girl.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Westerns were always my favourite, and I think Shenandoah with Jimmy Stewart was one of the best.... although the final scene when the boy eventually makes it home at the Sunday morning church service always leaves me blubbing like a big girl.....
Ah yes - Cant beat a good western - love 'em....
I agree on Shenandoah.....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 08:05 PM

"Casablanca" - wonderful movie!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Gotta be THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE.

When socialite Army Air Force pilot Oliver Bradford (Robert Young) is disfigured by war wounds, he hides from his family, including his mother, (Spring Byington) and fiancée (Hillary Brooke) and decides to live in seclusion in the seaside New England cottage he'd rented from its current owner, Mrs. Minnett (Mildred Natwick), for his originally planned honeymoon.

Laura Pennington (Dorothy McGuire) is a shy, homely maid who has hired on as the cottage's caretaker. Oliver and Laura gradually fall in love and discover that their feelings for each other have mysteriously transformed them. He appears handsome to her, and she seems beautiful to him. This "transformation" is perceived only by the two lovers (and the audience). Laura believes that the cottage is "enchanted" because it was once rented to honeymoon couples, and in time the widowed Mrs. Minnett reveals the true story behind the cottage's enchantment legend.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 08:24 PM

For a classy "horror" DEAD OF NIGHT is a hard act to follow.

Architect Walter Craig (Mervyn Johns) arrives at a country house party where he reveals to the assembled guests that he has seen them all in a dream. He appears to have no prior personal knowledge of them but he is able to predict spontaneous events in the house before they unfold. The other guests attempt to test Craig's foresight, while entertaining each other with various tales of uncanny or supernatural events that they experienced or were told about. These include a racing car driver's premonition of a fatal bus crash; a light hearted tale of two obsessed golfers, one of whom becomes haunted by the other's ghost; a ghostly encounter during a children's Christmas party (a scene cut from the initial American release); a haunted antique mirror; and the story of an unbalanced ventriloquist (Michael Redgrave) who believes his amoral dummy is truly alive. The framing story is then capped by a twist ending.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Shane with Alan Ladd.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top