Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Re: Favourite 'old' movies....

Hi Robert,
I like the sound of both these movies, not much chance of seeing them now which really gets my goat ! I've noted them - just in case.....
Look out for 'Pack of Lies' made around the 60's. The main character - just cant recall her name Ellen Burstein ?? Anyway, its a drama about her relationship with her neighbours who she adores, then she learns they hold a secret life..which devastates her - so much so, you really feel her anguish ! She plays the part 'so' well and its a true story.....
For a 'fright' night....try 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott...Wooah !!
Pats
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 05:19 PM

I'm a great fan of the old films especially the black and white films. Herself and me watch anything with humphrey Bogart in it, or Betty Davis, never liked Joan Crawford I believe she was a real bitch off screen. my own favourites are the old Boris Karloff so called 'Horror' films, he was a real gentleman, and to my mind a great actor, I have them all on DVD and I transferred them to a portable hard drive, over 200 old films and we never tire of watching them when there's nothing good on TV.
I always have to laugh at Bela Lugosi, for some reason or other I can never take him seriously, God forgive me, I'm sure the poor man was doing his best.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Hi Jem - great post !
I'm a huge fan of Bette and could not take to Joan at all ! With Bette, you knew you were gonna get Bette, warts and all - whereas Joan came across very fake....Anyway yes, we love the old movies..Could discuss them all day !! Did you ever see 'Gentleman Jim' with Errol Flynn, love that man...based on a real life boxer...great film O'h and we love James cagney !
Pats
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Yes Pats, you knew where you stood with Bette, you don't give her no lip., she hated Crawford, remember 'Whatever happened to Baby Jane', Bette said she really enjoyed making that film.
Cagney and Flynn were terrific in films, and so many more, they really knew their craft well in those days.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes Pats, you knew where you stood with Bette, you don't give her no lip., she hated Crawford, remember 'Whatever happened to Baby Jane', Bette said she really enjoyed making that film.
Cagney and Flynn were terrific in films, and so many more, they really knew their craft well in those days.
Ah yes - they were 'true' greats, did you notice Jem, they actually 'moved' their faces ! - they just cant compete today. Out of todays bunch - I like Pierce Brosnam. He was great in an irish movie, think it was called 'Evelyn' based on a true story - look out for that one - just great...
Bette and Joan - How - did they manage to get them together...after Joan passed, Bette shrugged her shoulders and when questioned she said...'Just 'cos she's dead - 'Don't' mean she's changed !! (flash of eyes) !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Ah yes - they were 'true' greats, did you notice Jem, they actually 'moved' their faces ! - they just cant compete today.

The wife said the very same thing when we were watching a film the other night, there seems to be a complete lack of facial expressions nowadays, time for another remake of 'The Mask' methinks.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah yes - they were 'true' greats, did you notice Jem, they actually 'moved' their faces ! - they just cant compete today.

The wife said the very same thing when we were watching a film the other night, there seems to be a complete lack of facial expressions nowadays, time for another remake of 'The Mask' methinks.
ha-ha yea....either that - or they're afraid of a wrinkle or two !
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 06:58 PM

I like Jimmy Stewart and recently watched The Glenn Miller story.Thought it was quite well done.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I like Jimmy Stewart and recently watched The Glenn Miller story.Thought it was quite well done.
Hi Annie - the GM Story is among my top 20 it was superbly done in my opinion.. I'm a huge fan of the music and Jimmy..
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Glad you liked it too.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top