Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 10:50 AM

Re: Favourite 'old' movies....

I like most of the old musicals plus Gone With the Wind, Scott of the Antartic and Goodbye Mr Chips all of which I have on DVD.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 04:19 PM

One of my fav is the Quite Man. John Wayne, Victor Mc Laglan, Maureen o' Hara. Love the old Cary Grant, Errol Flynn and James Cagney film.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
One of my fav is the Quite Man. John Wayne, Victor Mc Laglan, Maureen o' Hara. Love the old Cary Grant, Errol Flynn and James Cagney film.
'The Quiet Man' was gonna mention that one today - fabulous movie. Loved Cary Grant in the comedies not so much when he was on the serious side - a 'natural' for comedy....
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 07:43 PM

My favourite old movie is the original Psycho with Anthony Perkins. Love that film.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Whisky Galore.
That's not a film George, that's my life!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 02:37 AM

The Abominable Doctor Phibes, or anything with Vincent Price in it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I like Jimmy Stewart and recently watched The Glenn Miller story.Thought it was quite well done.
I like James Stewart too, but my son and me are very cruel to performers, more harmless slagging than anything else, we don't really mean it, the wife loves him and takes all his films seriously, we always called him 'Mouth full of Marbles' when he speaks, in 'Shenandoah' he looks down on his wife's grave and starts talking to her "I put some fresh flowers on your grave 'aday Martha", then he goes on for about ten minutes telling her all the news, as if she gave a damn, every time we see that scene we burst out laughing, just can't help it, it's so corny, the wife tells us to shut up, have we no respect, which of course makes us laugh louder like schoolboys at a sex lesson.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like James Stewart too, but my son and me are very cruel to performers, more harmless slagging than anything else, we don't really mean it, the wife loves him and takes all his films seriously, we always called him 'Mouth full of Marbles' when he speaks, in 'Shenandoah' he looks down on his wife's grave and starts talking to her "I put some fresh flowers on your grave 'aday Martha", then he goes on for about ten minutes telling her all the news, as if she gave a damn, every time we see that scene we burst out laughing, just can't help it, it's so corny, the wife tells us to shut up, have we no respect, which of course makes us laugh louder like schoolboys at a sex lesson.
Very funny post Jem - you're very observant just like meself.. an 'irish' trait maybe.... Give my regards to the poor wife - only kiddin'.....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Whisky Galore.
with you on that.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2013, 10:31 PM

Whisky Galore, The Quiet Man, (Maureen O`Hara sighhhhh), Ring of Bright Water, Passport to Pimlico, The Maggie.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top