Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Nostalgic tv and memories

I found this today ....I really love looking up the old stuff and with the help of You Tube you can find lots of long lost stuff .....can anyone else relate to this?..here is a sample ..I watched this for as long as i can remember ..it first aired 1n 1952 ,..Boy does it bring back the memories and feelings ..lol ...Im am sorry if there are any Non uk members who didn't see this ...but perhaps you have some of your own which evoke memories...
http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/and...15&cmk=6075553

Ps Just a thought but how about a sub section for these nostalgic kinds of posts ....it could be interesting to hear of other peoples childhood memories and activities....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 11:45 AM

Re: Nostalgic tv and memories

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I found this today ....I really love looking up the old stuff and with the help of You Tube you can find lots of long lost stuff .....can anyone else relate to this?..here is a sample ..I watched this for as long as i can remember ..it first aired 1n 1952 ,..Boy does it bring back the memories and feelings ..lol ...Im am sorry if there are any Non uk members who didn't see this ...but perhaps you have some of your own which evoke memories...
http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/and...15&cmk=6075553

Ps Just a thought but how about a sub section for these nostalgic kinds of posts ....it could be interesting to hear of other peoples childhood memories and activities....
Such a great post - as I give this some thought throughout the day, there will be lots of memories. Andy Pandy and Bill & Ben, just loved them ! It was a treat to stay up and watch 'Sunday Night at the London Palladium' a real favourite for me.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 02:31 PM

I remember all the UK shows of that time Steve.
The first TV we got over here was BBC then ITV, we had to have an outdoor aerial on the roof about 30 feet high, a lot of them would blow down in the Winter, it was hard to get snow-free reception but it was the best we could get at the time, our own station didn't start operating until 1962 or thereabouts and when it did most of the programs were imported from the UK and the USA, today we get all of the UK channels plus our own 4 channels.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Andy Pandy was apparently based on the TV antiques expert, Paul Atterbury.
His mother, Audrey, was Andy's puppeteer.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 03:18 PM

Andy pandy, billandben etc click on next
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 04:23 PM

Its been a day of nostalgia for me....
'I Love Lucy' and 'Mr Ed'.......Fab !
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Champion the Wonder Horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i_pEYGe1o
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Champion the Wonder Horse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i_pEYGe1o

and dear old Muffin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cX07V4iwBM
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2013, 03:18 PM

You can get the whole series of Champion the Wonder Horse on Amazon at the moment and its only about £16. My son sent me an e mail the other day to tell me about it. Being a big fan of cowboys and their horses.
Champion was of course one of Gene Autry's horses (the singing cowboy)
I was really disappointed when I found out that Champion was one of 7 Champions lol.
Reality struck me hard
I loved Bill and Ben and also The Flumps. Compact, Emergency Ward 10
and then Corro in 1960. Remember that hair net on Ena Sharples
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
You can get the whole series of Champion the Wonder Horse on Amazon at the moment and its only about £16. My son sent me an e mail the other day to tell me about it. Being a big fan of cowboys and their horses.
Champion was of course one of Gene Autry's horses (the singing cowboy)
I was really disappointed when I found out that Champion was one of 7 Champions lol.
Reality struck me hard
I loved Bill and Ben and also The Flumps. Compact, Emergency Ward 10
and then Corro in 1960. Remember that hair net on Ena Sharples
The early 'Coronation street' was great....miss those days..
Remember the 'Arthur Haynes' show and of course - Tony Hancock.....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top