Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:59 PM

Re: Nostalgic tv and memories

Roxy - I just gotta say gal - I love yer accent... and especially when you refer to 'im indoors' as - 'the Laird' wonderful....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Roxy - I just gotta say gal - I love yer accent... and especially when you refer to 'im indoors' as - 'the Laird' wonderful....
Thankyou Pats I was hacked off with Duncan one day as he was bossing me about good style over the Clydes, I'd not done something to his Satisfaction and I snarled back at him...yes ma Laird, no ma Laird, 3 bloody bags full ma Laird and the look on his face was priceless. It stuck and now he's ma Laird.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Priceless......
Good for you gal - even yer Laird - must giggle inside...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
When I was wee I'd not miss my Saturday Tea Time fix of Greyfriars School. Mostly for Boys but I was never a Girly Girl. I loved this Series and I have a lot of the Magnet Comics reprinted into Books as I still love my Childhood Story. I desolve into fits of laughter when I read them. I'm actually surprised they've not been banned like some of the other things from that time. PC they aint and certain people would have a blue fit if they read them now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfuVQJdA-z8

I used to love Billy Bunter, still do, every now and then I listen to the audio books read by Martin Jarvis, I never fail to get a laugh even though I've heard the stories dozens of times, when I think of the names the other boys at Greyfriars called Bunter!, no you sure wouldn't get away with it today, but in those days a very fat boy was a rarity and stood out, Bunter certainly did, plus the fact that he was lazy, greedy and not too bright. You are dead right Roxy, if the PC crowd had their way all Frank Richard's work would be burned, all that was the norm to us at that time.
I enjoyed the clip, thanks for the memories.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 04:12 PM

I have the Audio Books of Greyfriars too Jem. Martain Lewis is brilliant at reading them I love when he does Inky's Voice. My Favourite is B.Bs Banknote. Closely followed by the Blue Mauritius..
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Brought up on a diet of American shows, i love lucy, Mr Ed, Laramie, car 54,
The Munsters, bonanza, Bewitched, etc etc Loved em.....ooops and Gunsmoke,,, lol.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-04-2013, 04:54 PM

Ah yes Basser - I love Lucy - what a gal, comic genius. I rushed home from school for Mr.Ed, so clever.... Dick Van Dyke, another. As for 'Bewitched' - we were all twitching our noses - to no avail....
Ah - loverly memories eh....

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top