Join for free
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 09:28 PM

A must watch.....

channel 4 sat and sunday this week
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/labyrinth

Filmed here in carcassonne and other sites the film of the Book Labyrinth by Kate Mosse ...I cant wait ...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 02:08 AM

Re: A must watch.....

Is it just being broadcast on tv, or will it be on DVDs? I don't think we get it this side of the pond but I'll look for the book, thanks.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 09:27 AM

It has already been on in america . I expect it will be on DVD soon.
The book was brill so I hope the film will be too , I hate it when they trash a book and make a rubbish film....
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 04:25 PM

I tried four times to read this book and found it impossible to get past the first chapter. Some books just 'hook' you in and others seem to 'shut you out' and I found this to be one of the latter. Sorry.
Nobaggage

27-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Maybe it will be better for you to watch the film as I doubt there will be so much hispory of the area as in the book ?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 06:36 PM

I plan to get to the library tomorrow... will see if they have the DVD to rent or the book available.
Nobaggage

27-03-2013, 06:51 PM

See if you can get it on audio book as it a big book with a bit of cathar history which can be hard for some to plough through. Easier to listen to.
Im interested in the Cathars so it was ideal for me.... but the story line is good when you get to it. Im also looking forward to seeing the sights as it is filmed near me.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

27-03-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
See if you can get it on audio book as it a big book with a bit of cathar history which can be hard for some to plough through. Easier to listen to.
Im interested in the Cathars so it was ideal for me.... but the story line is good when you get to it. Im also looking forward to seeing the sights as it is filmed near me.
Good idea - I'd like that if I can find it as an audio book. Thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top