Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Re: Say goodbye to IE (Internet Explorer)

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting survey about browser security.

IE8 is streets ahead.
http://www.thetechherald.com/article...enefits-of-IE8

On Thursday, as Microsoft pushed out Internet Explorer 8 to the masses, a report by NSS Labs was making the rounds in the news. The report says that Internet Explorer 8 blocks two to four times as many malicious Web sites as any of the other browsers on the market today. Yet, the news online surrounding this report is misleading to say the least, and the report itself appears biased and questionable at best.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Link I gave showed lastest data as Jan 2010

Link u gave was dated March 2009.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Link I gave showed lastest data as Jan 2010

Link u gave was dated March 2009.
It may be the same article just 'updated'. It's a moot point anyway - according to that page the report was paid for by Microsoft. Says it all really
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2011, 12:28 PM

I have two desktop computers, a Windows 7 computer using IE 9.0 and an iMac using Firefox.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 08:39 PM

I use IE6, but only because I am still working with XP, I tried safari and it seems to slow things down, and as for Google Chrome, it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt try to take over everything, I downloaded skype recently and was rewarded with being presented with google chrome as my home page, which hadnt been asked for, I do like to make my own choices instead of them being foisted on to me underhanded
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

10-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
I use IE6, but only because I am still working with XP, I tried safari and it seems to slow things down, and as for Google Chrome, it wouldnt be so bad if it didnt try to take over everything, I downloaded skype recently and was rewarded with being presented with google chrome as my home page, which hadnt been asked for, I do like to make my own choices instead of them being foisted on to me underhanded
I was going to update my Skype app Aitch but as I have ditched Chrome and don't want it back again or go to the bother of uninstalling it, I think I will leave it alone.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
I've got XP aitch, I was on IE6, then updated to IE8, but had problems with it, so I deletd IE8 and downloaded Firefox, and it's fine now. If you dowload it to your desktop you can switch between Firefox and IE and compare them.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 08:19 PM

I was told that IE8 couldnt be installed on XP, only on windows 7, and when I did try to upgrade IE it wouldnt do it, so better the devil you know, and I have now got rid of skype as well, I only had 2 friends on it, so not worth the bother, comp running a lot better now,
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 08:27 PM

I couldn't get Google Chrome on my XP aitch, but I did manage to download IE8, but it didn't work proper, try downloading Firefox it works allright for me.
If I use IE6 some sites tell me my browser is outdated.
aitch
Wigan

10-10-2011, 09:11 PM

I have been trying safari, and must say it is very good, but I am keeping all my options open Jimmy, except for Google Chrome, I wont be using that again, I have never been told my browser is outdated though

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top