Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:34 AM

Flu vaccine

Flu vaccination seems to have been completely overshadowed by the Covid vaccination programme.

I just wanted to re-state that I have always avoided the flu vaccination whenever offered.

Today, however, having been subjected to a comprehensive course of nagging by my dearest Marge, I succumbed to having my flu injection.

Aren't I brave?

She assured me that if I were to contract both flu and coronavirus together, things would be serious...
or even sinister!

I'm sure many of you have also been brave little soldiers.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:39 AM

Re: Flu vaccine

Am I the only one to miss our very own realist's rabid and predictable responses to any mention of flu or vaccine?

If you want to visit an inmate in an aged care facility in Wollongong LGA you need proof of having had a current flu vaccine. I don't know if that is state wide.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:42 AM

Well done JB, Marge is a sensible lady who knows what is best for you.

I'm sure you will be pleased you have had the jab.

I'm proud of you!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Am I the only one to miss our very own realist's rabid and predictable responses to any mention of flu or vaccine?

If you want to visit an inmate in an aged care facility in Wollongong LGA you need proof of having had a current flu vaccine. I don't know if that is state wide.
Pretty much is Bruce I think. I had to have one to visit my mother in law (Central Coast)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done JB, Marge is a sensible lady who knows what is best for you.

I'm sure you will be pleased you have had the jab.

I'm proud of you!
Thanks Mags.

I always do what Marge tells me to do.
It's the safest way!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks Mags.

I always do what Marge tells me to do.
It's the safest way!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 02:16 AM

As I have always maintained, Marge is eminently sensible. It's not just flu and covid together (which is more deadly) but about not wasting NHS time thinking you have Covid when you really have flu. The early symptoms of Covid can be very similar to flu.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 09:53 AM

I love vaccines. Edward Jenner is a national hero, and I embrace his inoculation theories to this day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Yes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Flu vaccination seems to have been completely overshadowed by the Covid vaccination programme.

I just wanted to re-state that I have always avoided the flu vaccination whenever offered.

Today, however, having been subjected to a comprehensive course of nagging by my dearest Marge, I succumbed to having my flu injection.

Aren't I brave?

She assured me that if I were to contract both flu and coronavirus together, things would be serious...
or even sinister!

JBR, I too, had my first ever Flu jab this year.
I had already turned down my GP's request earlier, but one day I was talking to the lady in the pharmacy about it, and she said if I could hold on a mo, they would do it for me there and then. That caught me off guard.

I knew if I went out the shop I wouldn't go back, so on the spur of the moment I decided to risk it. To my surprise, it was quick, painless, and other than my arm ached to lay on at night for a couple of nights, I was fine.

I dare say I will still dither about next year again though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top