Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:49 AM

Re: Flu vaccine

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Am I the only one to miss our very own realist's rabid and predictable responses to any mention of flu or vaccine?

If you want to visit an inmate in an aged care facility in Wollongong LGA you need proof of having had a current flu vaccine. I don't know if that is state wide.
No, I miss him a lot, I found his debates very interesting reading indeed, even if I didn't always agree he had good arguments
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
JBR, I too, had my first ever Flu jab this year.
I had already turned down my GP's request earlier, but one day I was talking to the lady in the pharmacy about it, and she said if I could hold on a mo, they would do it for me there and then. That caught me off guard.

I knew if I went out the shop I wouldn't go back, so on the spur of the moment I decided to risk it. To my surprise, it was quick, painless, and other than my arm ached to lay on at night for a couple of nights, I was fine.

I dare say I will still dither about next year again though.
Ah, yes. They say that great minds think alike.
You and Marge, that is.

Mine didn't hurt either and I have still felt nothing today.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 01:30 PM

I have had the jab for the past five years because there is no age restriction in our local health centre. If you ask, you will get it. I had a much lesser reaction than Mrs LD, I think as she is older than me, she may have had a different version.

One thing I have noticed this year is the lack of people walking around spreading a cold. I'm guessing that must be due to the wearing of face masks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 01:31 PM

p.s. Well done JBR. Did you get a lollypop? I always get a lollypop.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
p.s. Well done JBR. Did you get a lollypop? I always get a lollypop.
No, but I got a little sticker. It looks fab!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have had the jab for the past five years because there is no age restriction in our local health centre. If you ask, you will get it. I had a much lesser reaction than Mrs LD, I think as she is older than me, she may have had a different version.

One thing I have noticed this year is the lack of people walking around spreading a cold. I'm guessing that must be due to the wearing of face masks.

I agree about the spreading of colds this year, but as you say, I suspect that is more to do with the masks, plus more people staying home or distancing than having the Flu jab.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:21 AM

It is interesting how this pandemic has changed peoples attitudes to coming to work when you are sick.

This is no longer acceptable.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-12-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is interesting how this pandemic has changed peoples attitudes to coming to work when you are sick.

This is no longer acceptable.

It should never have been acceptable really. I don't know what's it's like in Australia but over here, bosses always get very upset if anyone rings in sick with a cold or flu. They would much prefer that you went to work anyway and spread your germs to everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top