Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:27 AM

What use vaccine now?

OMG!! Just when we're getting to be complacent we hear there's a new strain of the virus that spreads 70% faster than the old one.

I'm thinking 'What use will the vaccine be now'

This has got me feeling really upset..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:38 AM

Re: What use vaccine now?

Originally Posted by carol ->
OMG!! Just when we're getting to be complacent we hear there's a new strain of the virus that spreads 70% faster than the old one.

I'm thinking 'What use will the vaccine be now'

This has got me feeling really upset..

This is exactly what I asked on another thread a few days ago, Carol. Worrying, isnt it.
All the supplies already paid for will have to be used up, but of how much use will they be? And will we even be informed if it's no good?

And I have a feeling this could be the first of many changes to come yet.
This virus doesn't want to leave us in a hurry.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 03:16 AM

They have said the variant is not sufficiently different to make the vaccine ineffective.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 07:29 AM

Hi

All viruses mutate as I explained in a previous thread.

Nothing to worry about.

As a coronovirus it is quite likely we will need a different vaccine every year, much like the flu virus,
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 09:29 AM

As Swim has just posted, viruses frequently mutate!

I listened to a man, on Breakfast, this morning and he said that if they originate from the original strain then the vaccine should still be able to fight the new variant.

Please don't worry, because fear of any means of destroying this virus, by refusing to have the vaccine , will only help Covid19 become stronger and cause more problems!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:02 AM

It sounds like the Oxford vaccine will be ready in days I hope so and that it can be rolled out quickly over Christmas.
I have been speaking to many in my health support group who are over 80 and have already been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.
None seem to have had any adverse effects, I always get a sore arm with the flu vaccine.

The news said people were pouring out of London on the trains last night , some will be taking the virus with them so we all need to stay vigilant and safe until the vaccine becomes available to us all.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:08 AM

The bigger problem will be getting everyone to take the vaccine. Here in the U.S., there are significant percentages of the population who refuse to even wear a mask; or wear the mask covering their mouths, but not their noses. What will we do when they refuse to be vaccinated ? Knuckleheads !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:17 AM

They sound like a cross between a Redneck and and the Flintstones .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The news said people were pouring out of London on the trains last night , some will be taking the virus with them so we all need to stay vigilant and safe until the vaccine becomes available to us all.
Morons .....

Crowds flee London after tough Tier 4 Covid restrictions announced

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40194051.html

Passengers faced packed train carriages out of London as many attempted to flee the capital following the announcement of tougher coronavirus restrictions.

Travellers were told that social distancing “will not be possible” due to the volume of people on board, and those that felt “uncomfortable” should not stay on the train.
Those selfish idiots will, inevitably, create the "third wave" .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Those selfish idiots will, inevitably, create the "third wave" .....
The short notice of two to three hours was bound to create chaos.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top