Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 04:58 PM

Blinking Children?

Some years ago, one of my Grand Children became a concern when she seemed to be always blinking.
That went on, for a while, and they saw the medics, without much success.

Not long after a friend asked if I had heard of Aspartame, a chemical used in Sugar reduced drinks.

He said it had been diagnosed as a possible cause of "hyped up" behaviour in one of his kids.

We decided to give it a try & removed any drinks containing Aspartame from our Grandchild.

That worked immediately & the blinking was gone.

All these years later, one of my daughthers had a Rash which seemed a bit odd, until we found that she had gulped down a lot of "Pink Soda", over Xmas.

Just looked at the bottle & there it was again!

Aspartame.

Anyone else seen this, or has a similar problem?

Check your bottles & Cans, if your youngsters have symptons.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 07:18 PM

Re: Blinking Children?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Some years ago, one of my Grand Children became a concern when she seemed to be always blinking.
That went on, for a while, and they saw the medics, without much success.

Not long after a friend asked if I had heard of Aspartame, a chemical used in Sugar reduced drinks.

He said it had been diagnosed as a possible cause of "hyped up" behaviour in one of his kids.

We decided to give it a try & removed any drinks containing Aspartame from our Grandchild.

That worked immediately & the blinking was gone.

All these years later, one of my daughthers had a Rash which seemed a bit odd, until we found that she had gulped down a lot of "Pink Soda", over Xmas.

Just looked at the bottle & there it was again!

Aspartame.

Anyone else seen this, or has a similar problem?

Check your bottles & Cans, if your youngsters have symptons.
I'm surprised that these symptoms (hyperactivity, rash) have not before been found to be as a consequence of consuming aspartame.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:43 PM

I don't know what to think about this, Ted.
Some health authorities seem to think Aspartame is safe and harmless, others say it can have side effects.
Even some medicines contain it.

I know Xylitol, another sweetener, is very toxic to dogs, but I don't know enough about Aspartame.
I am glad your grandchild is better though. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2020, 11:59 AM

My daughter did a lot of research on Aspartame and now never touches the stuff.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top