Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 04:34 AM

Re: Disgraceful GPS

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Plenty of vaccine info here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Covid-jab.html
You think?! It's great that you have so much confidence
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 07:16 AM

Yes i do
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 08:59 AM

When I got my Flu jab at the end of September people were put into group appointments of 10 minutes. We all queued 2 metres apart and went in with our arms ready to receive the jab... just like they did in the army many years ago.
There were a number of Doctors & nurses doing the jabs and it was a very efficient method. Covid was a problem then but we all wore masks so it was safe and I think it will work for the vaccination but it will probably mean that the people giving the jabs will have to work long hours to inject everybody ... and that is the only way the vaccinations will work.

People have complained about being in lock down, and many haven't bothered, but the only way to get back to normal is to make sure we are all immune to the virus. Wouldn't we all be willing to pay £12 to achieve this? Does it matter who gets the money?
The only way to get our economy back on track is for us all to be able to earn money so we can spend it. That will never happen unless the NHS make sure we can all get our vaccinations quickly, so I will never complain about doctors and nurses being paid a bit more to achieve it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:41 AM

They are being paid Twink already .
Giving an injection is no great shakes we should IMO be training up non medics to give them .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:40 AM

Giving an injection is no great shakes we should IMO be training up non medics to give them .
The annual flu shot here is also available at the chemist. Even though I can get a free shot from my doctor unless I need to see him about something else I usually pay the $20 and get the injection from the chemist because you can just walk in and get it on the spot.

Last year it was a lovely but tiny Indian girl who administered it, she came up to my elbow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Now this !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ining-jab.html
Why do you need 'diversity training' to give the Covid jab?
Has the entire country become ultra-woke?

Incidentally, the first picture shows someone giving an intravenous injection! Why? Is that necessary for this jab?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 12:10 PM

I think you missed my point Muddy. We want to get back to normal so people can go to work and earn a living rather than being paid to stay at home. That will improve the economy!

Much of the NHS have continued work but people were afraid to get help in case they caught Covid at hospitals or GP surgeries, so doctors will have to now care for people who didn't seek help earlier. Our whole health service is in danger of going downhill & the people who work in this service are seeking work elsewhere. If we can't afford the NHS, then the treatments will become much less effective or we may even lose the NHS..... so encouraging doctors to stay, by acknowledging the good work they do for a very small fee, is a much better business decision and will speed up the process of getting back to normal!

Most pensioners income won't have changed because of the Covid virus, but many people were prevented from working & are struggling to manage financially! If we don't get them back to work quickly the £12 we pay doctors to keep them safe at work will be like a drop in the ocean compared to the benefits we will have to pay when workers no longer have a job because employers had to close their business!

I could easily give people their injections, I give myself 4 a day and have done for years but, if I haven't been trained & do something wrong, or what would happen if somebody had an allergic reaction to it & collapsed? It takes a while train people & give them the confidence to do injections & we don't have enough time to educate & train them! Apart from that, it would probably cost much more than the money we will pay to doctors for giving the jabs!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 05:02 PM

It's not a salary but a business they run. They are taking on a lot of extra work with this vaccination.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Why do you need 'diversity training' to give the Covid jab?
Has the entire country become ultra-woke?

Incidentally, the first picture shows someone giving an intravenous injection! Why? Is that necessary for this jab?
The picture is wrong IMHO, it should be intramuscular just like the flu jab.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-01-2021, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

The usual excellent standard of reporting...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top