Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Re: A take on Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Would that be the 1949 Geneva Convention?
Of course.

A word of caution though. Occupied is not the same as Contested territories.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Does wiping out 2 cities, full of civilians, with atom bombs make President Harry S. Truman a mass murderer and war criminal .....
It has been argued that the US could have detonated a single bomb off the Japanese coast as a demonstration of it's power without the need to drop it on two cities. It's a moot point.

However history is written by the victors so Churchill and Truman are untouchable.

Among older Australians Churchill is a pretty despised figure for reasons we have discussed here before.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have come to the conclusion that TAT is trolling and shall, therefore, take no further part in this discussion.
I just noticed this.

I'm not a troll.

I often have a perspective on events and people in the UK that people in UK are probably too close to see what shows up from a wider viewpoint.

Expressing them does not make a troll.

It must be difficult to see someone slaughtering sacred cows however when viewed from a greater distance those cows sometimes are pigs.

Thass' all.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top