Join for free
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 > Last »
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 09:52 AM

Vote Today

For what it’s worth, I have a hunch that the Tory establishment and the DUP will grit their teeth and vote for Mays deal today. Let’s have a wee poll on here before 7pm to see who agrees with me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:02 AM

Re: Vote Today

Hi

It is not a Deal, it is merely a withdrawal agreement giving another 20 months to sort out a deal.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:04 AM

The pound has gone from 1.29 to 1.33.perhaps the city know something we don't
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:29 AM

My fingers are crossed the vote will scrape through. I don't like what is on offer but it is preferable to the alternatives.
I would be happy to just leave on 29th of March but know not enough MPs have got the guts to do that. So many people are too soft these days with no 'we will win spirit '.

If the vote is lost it will mean going cap in hand to the EU for an extension for which we may be asked to pay dearly with concessions.

Maybe if the vote wins by the time we have concluded negotiations the EU will be on the point of collapse anyway so all this will be irrelevant and we will have had a timely escape.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My fingers are crossed the vote will scrape through. I don't like what is on offer but it is preferable to the alternatives.
I would be happy to just leave on 29th of March but know not enough MPs have got the guts to do that. So many people are too soft these days with no 'we will win spirit '.

If the vote is lost it will mean going cap in hand to the EU for an extension for which we may be asked to pay dearly with concessions.

Maybe if the vote wins by the time we have concluded negotiations the EU will be on the point of collapse anyway so all this will be irrelevant and we will have had a timely escape.
I hope its voted down then Theresa May can get more concessions from the EU and go for another vote. It has to be better than this PoS withdrawal agreement. Nobody trusts the EU one bit now so I would prefer as much legal clarity as we can get.

I feel like we are being "hood winked" with this - I would prefer the EU to give us more concessions before we commit ourselves. Walking away on 29th March is still my preference unless the clarity is provided on where we stand with the backstop - at the moment there is no evidence.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I hope its voted down then Theresa May can get more concessions from the EU and go for another vote. It has to be better than this PoS withdrawal agreement. Nobody trusts the EU one bit now so I would prefer as much legal clarity as we can get.

I feel like we are being "hood winked" with this - I would prefer the EU to give us more concessions before we commit ourselves. Walking away on 29th March is still my preference unless the clarity is provided on where we stand with the backstop - at the moment there is no evidence.
Bread she won't get more concessions. No doubt the EU are hoping it will be voted down, they know 'No deal' will be voted down when it comes to the vote tomorrow so it is no threat to them .
They also know there is a good chance the vote for more time will go through on Thursday so they can offer us a long extension at a price and hope in the meantime there is another referendum and we won't leave at all.

We need to get out now....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:27 AM

Not sure, it would seem the legal beagles teams are saying it changes nothing..
Personally I can't stand anymore of this, it's wearing everyone down, but I doubt we will leave on the 29th March if this doesn't go through. Those tricksters , the ones wanting to remain, will not support either todays vote or a vote on a No Deal Brexit, which means we won't leave on the 29th March.

So , I would put my opinion as I don't think it will get through for the government . Sorry Weedeek ,I don't agree with your thoughts, but wish I could.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bread she won't get more concessions. No doubt the EU are hoping it will be voted down, they know 'No deal' will be voted down when it comes to the vote tomorrow so it is no threat to them .
They also know there is a good chance the vote for more time will go through on Thursday so they can offer us a long extension at a price and hope in the meantime there is another referendum and we won't leave at all.

We need to get out now....
I listened to David Davis this morning on LBC and he said if the changes to the WA are legally binding and that we can unilaterally leave the backstop then it would be doable (although not brilliant).

We just don't know yet what the changes are yet and, besides, Geoff Cox needs to review and make a summary on the changes to see if they are, indeed legally binding and deliver what TM and the EU claim. If so, this would be a big concession from the EU but as I said before, I'm not convinced.

If they have conceded, we should handbag them again and get more.

But I would still prefer to leave on 29 March with no deal. I don't think anyone trusts the EU one bit.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not a Deal, it is merely a withdrawal agreement giving another 20 months to sort out a deal.
How long can they string this out??????
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-03-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I listened to David Davis this morning on LBC and he said if the changes to the WA are legally binding and that we can unilaterally leave the backstop then it would be doable (although not brilliant).

We just don't know yet what the changes are yet and, besides, Geoff Cox needs to review and make a summary on the changes to see if they are, indeed legally binding and deliver what TM and the EU claim. If so, this would be a big concession from the EU but as I said before, I'm not convinced.

If they have conceded, we should handbag them again and get more.

But I would still prefer to leave on 29 March with no deal. I don't think anyone trusts the EU one bit.
Bread the changes made yesterday are minimal, I listened to them in detail last night.

There is now no reason for the EU to make any more concessions, there was before because of the threat of us leaving without a deal eg on WTO terms (to their detriment) but that threat has been removed thanks to the Labour party and vote remainers pushing for the vote tomorrow. The 'No deal' vote tomorrow won't have a majority we will than be left with voting for an extension on Thursday which will have a majority and take us past the 29th March.

Reese Mogg is now asking for more time to consider before todays vote which I doubt he will get.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top